~of course, silly~

Request for @sadbadjuju
[this is not a carry-on from the previous one]

*************************************************

Today was an exciting day for Moon and the rest of her friendship group. Today was the day that stupid Hippogriff gets executed for what it did to Draco. In fact, both Draco and Moon were stood at the top of the hill waiting for it to happen.

"I can't believe your father managed to persuade Dumbledore to get the stupid animal killed." Moon laughed, as she twirled her long purple hair in between her fingers.

"There's no way it could live Moony, it's lethal that thing. Not to mention absolutely pointless. How is learning how to fly that animal going to get me an Outstanding in all my subjects." He laughed back, leaning against a large boulder.

The pair of them stood and laughed, waiting to see a sign of the execution. Nothing was seen, however, except three angry looking teens storming towards them.

"Oh look who's come to join us Draco," Moon began, patronisingly. This caused a hearty chuckle from Draco.

"It would seem they've had a change of heart." He sneered.

"You!" Granger shouted at Draco. "You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" She ran up to him and pointed her wand directly to his throat, pinning him up against the boulder more uncomfortably.

"Oi! Weaslebee! Scarface! Get your stupid mudblood friend away from mine now." Moon screeched, her usually hazel eyes burning a furious black.

At this nickname, one of the boys would usually argue back, but they saw the anger in her eyes, and thought better of it.

"Hermione, no!" Harry protested.

"He's not worth it." Ron added, in defeat.

"Move away from him now before I hex you into oblivion." Moon added, darkly.

Hermione pondered for a while, then slowly began to lower her wand, glaring at Draco as she did so. She then went to turn away and leave, until Draco and Moon began laughing again.

"Wimp." Draco muttered, facing Moon's now glowing ones.

In a split second, Hermione had turned back round and punched Draco square in the mouth, causing Draco to fall down to the floor from the power.

"You stupid little bitch!" Moon screamed, lunging straight at Hermione. She grabbed the neck of her jumper and punched her in the face in return for Draco's bloody lip. This made the rest of the Golden Trio run straight to her aid, only the purple haired beauty wasn't finished.

"Touch him again, and it will be more than a punch in the face you silly little girl." She spat. In an instant, the trio was off, back where they came from, and Moon turned to go to Draco and ensure he was okay.

He was now stood upright wiping the blood from his mouth, only he didn't seem angry or hurt, he was smiling.

"Are you okay?" She asked him, confused as he looked hurt literally seconds ago.

"Y-yeah." Draco stuttered, still smiling brightly.

"Okay... Oh look, over there!" Moon squealed excitedly as she noticed movement over by the Hippogriff.

***

It had been days since the incident now, and they hadn't really spoken of it. Of course the golden trio went and ran straight to the teachers to tell them about Moon punching Hermione, but Draco managed to convince them that she was provoked, so she didn't get into trouble. Technically, he hadn't been lying.

They were currently sat side by side in potions, brewing Amortentia. They didn't really speak, except for the odd 'could you pass that please?', or 'what's the next step?' They always concentrated in lessons, as they craved good grades.

"Okay, now I just need to add the Phoenix's feather and we should be done." Draco informed, a smile on his face. Once he'd put it in, Snape came round to check their potion.

"Very good. Very good indeed. Mr Malfoy, you will have to inform your partner what you smell. I want it written up and handed in next lesson as well as the method of how you made the potion." And with that said, he was off.

"Ughhhhhh." Moon groaned, causing Draco to giggle.

"Okay let me smell it. Ummm, I think that's... vanilla, cherries, fresh parchment, and butterbear." Draco started, acting oblivious to the fact he'd known full well Moon used vanilla shampoo and conditioner, cherry body wash, is always working so has fresh parchment, and can't resist a butterbear.

Moon stood mouth agape for a short while, until she realised she needs to put on a brave face before she exposes her secret crush, in front of her secret crush.

"Right..." she drawled on, blushing profusely. "Um, we're done."

"Are you okay? You're acting very odd." Draco questioned. "Is it your period cramps, are they back-"

"Shhhh Draco, no I'm fine, come on." Moon giggled, as the pair were dismissed from the class.

***

After a couple of hours in the library, it was finally dinner, where Moon had decided to confront Draco on what he smelt today in potions. It had been on her mind all day, did he like her? Maybe. Yes. Did he have the guts to tell her? Maybe. No.

Nerves taking over her, she walked into the Great Hall to see Draco already sat there talking to Blaise.

"Draco?" She began, as she sat beside him. He turned his gaze towards her and immediately smiled. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"I wanted to talk about potions." Draco's face dropped. He knew what she was going to ask, and he was dreading it.

"Look Moon..." He began, trying to find a way out of it - to no avail. He sighed, and just began spilling the truth. "The truth is, um... ugh. Look, I've liked you ever since we were on our train ride here in first year. I've liked you since then, and I've grown to like you even more now. That's why I smelt you today. Moon, I'm attracted to you in so many ways. I didn't want to tell you because I thought it would ruin our friendship-"

"Draco stop." Moon interrupted, a smile on her face. "I like you too! Maybe I haven't since first year but I definitely have done for a whole now. You should have told me sooner!"

And just like that, Draco and Moon were having a huge conversation about all of their shared memories throughout their meal. It was all going well, until...

"Oh look. It appears the two bullies have fallen for each other because nobody else likes them." Harry sneered from the Griffindor table.

"Ha. Don't even know how Draco can get her. He's bad enough, but her, she's worse." Ron sneered, causing the rest of their friendship group to burst into laughter.

Draco was not best pleased, as he pulled his wand from his robe.

"No Draco, not in the Great Hall, you'll get into trouble. The teachers are just there. But don't worry, we'll get them another time." Moon reassured as they both giggled.

***

A couple more days had past and Moon's whole friendship group were down at the black lake together on a Saturday afternoon. It was a warm day, and Moon and Draco were laid on their backs next to each other in the shade.

"Moon?" Draco questioned.

"Yes." She relied, softly, turning her head to gaze at him.

"Did you mean what you said, about liking me?" He didn't meet her gaze, afraid for her to turn him down.

"Draco, of course-"

But before Moon could finish, Draco had rolled over, and captured her lips onto his. It was a delicate, yet passionate kiss that held so much meaning. Years of Draco's frustration and impatience had been let out in this kiss.

"Then will you go out with me?"

She giggled. "Of course, silly."