~little man (2)~

After 2 whole hours of chasing Scorpius round the park and pushing him on the swings until their arms physically ached, it was time for them to go home and get changed ready to go out for their meal.

"Come on now Scorp, we have to go get food." Draco says, while unsuccessfully trying to stop his son from climbing up the slide. Elise chuckled as she caught her son at the bottom. "Come on now trouble, we have to go."

Scorpius immediately started kicking in his mother's arms, protesting as he tried to get down to continue playing in the park. Having no luck, he bursts into a fit of crocodile tears.

"Hey," Draco starts as he takes his son from his wife's struggling arms. "We'll come back another day Scorpius but we have to go now." Scorpius continues with his tears, slapping his father in the chest.

"Noooooooo." He wails.

"We won't come back if you keep doing that Scorpius. Only boys who behave get to come into this park." Elise retorts. Scorpius pouts crossing his arms, bringing his crocodile tears to an end.

"That's better." Draco says as he places his son in his car seat. He then opens the door for his wife to get in, before walking round to the other side of the car to get in himself. He starts the car and begins the 15 minute drive back home.

With his hand left hand placed on his wife's thigh, and his right hand controlling the steering wheel, Draco looks into one of the mirrors and notices Scorpius fast asleep in the back of the car. He lets out a quick scoff as Elise asks "What are you laughing at?" with a smile on her face. "Scorp." Is all he replies, as his wife twists her head to look at her son, letting out a brief chuckle herself. "He would fall asleep now we have reservations."

"At least he's had fun." He replies earning a smile from his wife.

Around 5 minutes later, they pull into the driveway of their generously sized house. Getting out of the car, Draco heads to the back doors to carry his still sleeping son into the house as Elise is already walking to the door to unlock it ready for him.

Draco lays his son down on the sofa and takes his shoes and coat off him. He then grabs a blanket from one of the shelves in the living room and tucks him in, kissing him briefly on his forehead.

"Well, there goes dinner." He chuckles as he walks over to embrace his wife.

"We can go another time. I'm enjoying the piece and quiet to be quite honest." She retorts, earning a hearty laugh from her husband. Draco pecks his wife on the lips and says "I'll go cancel, we can order some food. You take your shoes off and choose a film for us to watch." Elise smiles gratefully. "I love you Draco." "I love you too, Eli." After one more swift kiss, Draco goes to ring the restaurant as his wife joins her son on the sofa.