~safe in his arms~

Request for @sadbadjuju

*****************************************
"He's staring at you again." Draco told Moon as the two of them sat at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall eating breakfast.

"Draco you're exaggerating." Moon laughed as she tied her long purple hair back from in front of her face. Draco just glared at her. "He's not staring at me Draco. He barely even knows me, I don't think we've ever even had a conversation."

"Well I'm not blind Moon. I know what I saw-"

"Hey Moon."

Both Draco and Moon looked to see who had called her name. It was Harry. Within a split second, he'd walked from the Gryffindor table to stand right behind the two slytherins.

"Oh, Harry. Ummm... Hi." Moon stuttered. Draco just gave her the 'I told you so' look, causing her to roll her eyes.

With no warning, Harry slid himself in between the two, and completely blocked Draco from Moon's vision as he turned to talk to her.

"How are you?" He asked her.

"Um, yeah I'm good. And you?" She awkwardly replied.

Harry just sighed. "Not so good."

"Oh, um-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Draco interrupted the pair.

"Potter, nobody cares. Go away. This is the Slytherin table and last time I checked you wear a red and gold tie. Leave."

"IT'S INCREDIBLY RUDE OF YOU TO INTERRUPT MOON! SHE WAS SPEAKING!" Harry screamed in response, causing almost everyone in the Great Hall to look towards them.

Draco had a look of murder on his face. Sure him and Moon were seen as friends, but secretly, the pair of them knew it was more than that. They'd both developed a crush for each other, but were too scared to say so.

"God Potter, you sound like you're obsessed with her-"

"Moon was enjoying our conversation. Weren't you Moon." He said, as he gazed over to the confused girl.

Not wanting Harry to start shouting again, she lied.

"Um, sure."

Draco looked hurt. He hated Harry, more than he'd ever hated anyone in fact. So hearing that from his crushes mouth hurt.

"Whatever." He muttered. And just like that, he'd gotten up and left the Great Hall, leaving Moon with an obsessed looking Harry Potter.

***

It had been a whole day, and Moon hadn't seen Draco since the incident at breakfast. She'd just walked into the Slytherin common room as she saw him walking down from the boy's dorms.

"Draco!" She squealed. "Finally I found you."

"Why were you even looking for me? It looked like you were enjoying yourself with Potter." He spat.

"Draco." Moon said softly, as she went to stand in front of him. She cupped his cheeks in both her tiny hands; his eyes softened but his jaw was still clenched. "I don't like Harry. I really don't. I don't even know him. In fact, after you went and he was banging on about how worried he was for his task today I told him I wasn't bothered and left. I came to find you but I couldn't see you anywhere."

"Really?" He asked, leaning into her touch.

"Really." She confirmed.

Before they could say anything more, Snape walked into the common room and interrupted them.

"Sorry to interrupt whatever - this - is," he drawled on. "but Miss Thornestone, Dumbledore would like to see you in his office now."

"What? Why? What've I done?" She questioned, worried.

"Nothing I know of. However, this isn't because of anything you may - or may - not - have - done."

"I'll meet you up at the black lake for the second task, okay?" Draco asked her, causing her to simply nod in response.

Moon then made her way to Dumbledore's office with Snape.

***

"Where is she?!" Draco questioned while he stared at the time on his watch. "The task is about to begin, why's she not here yet?"

"She'll be here soon Draco, she's not one to miss things as exciting as this." Blaise reassured him - to no avail. He was far too concerned.

"She said she'd meet me here after she went to see Dumbledore, and Dumbledore's there!" He exclaimed as he pointed towards his headmaster stood with Professor Snape by the champions.

"Draco, chill. She won't be long."

Just as Draco was about to go quiz Dumbledore, a sound filled the air that signalled the beginning of the task and the champions dived into the black lake.

Everyone in the crowd erupted into cheers, but Draco just huffed as he began wondering where his hazel eyed beauty was.

***

Cedric made it out first with Cho Chang, swiftly followed by Viktor Krum who had Hermione Granger and Fleur's sister in his arms. The five of them climbed out of the black lake and went straight to get towels to warm themselves up.

Fleur was attacked by mermaids, so she was brought out before anyone had risen to the top. So Krum had brought her sister up for her.

There was still no sign of Moon, and Draco was furiously pacing.

"Where is she-"

Seconds after he'd spoken, Harry Potter rose from the waters with a girl in his arms. Draco could recognise those purple locks anywhere.

"Oh my god." He muttered, as he rushed down to the deck where the champions were. As he arrived there, Harry was just climbing out of the black lake with an unconscious Moon in his arms.

"For god's sake Potter! She's not breathing!" Draco protested, as he grabbed hold of her frail body and wrapped a towel around her.

Madame Pomfrey rushed over and began to perform contactless spells on Moon as she laid still in Draco's arms.

"How dare you put her in such danger you fool! She could have died out there! Stop acting like you care about her, because if you did, you'd have gotten her out sooner!"

Before Harry could respond, Draco's attention returned to the unconscious girl in his arms, and Ron and Hermione came to pull Harry away.

Suddenly, Moon's hazel eyes opened and she began coughing up dirty water from the lake.

"Oh thank god." Draco mumbled to himself as she sat up in his arms. Moon looked extremely worried as she looked round at her surroundings.

"One minute I was in Dumbledore's office, the next I'm here. What happened?" She asked Draco breathlessly.

Draco smiled lightly at her worried expression, and pulled her close to him once more.

"Don't worry about it. You're safe now. Although I just admit, I was so worried about you Moon. So worried." He sighed into her wet hair.

"It's okay Draco. I'm here now." She reassured him.

"You're here now." He repeated, more to clarify to himself that the love of his life was safe in his arms once more.