~the daughter of a riddle (1)~

I can't believe it. I can't believe it's her. It's Moon. The same rude, self-centred, and argumentative Moon. The same beautiful, intelligent, independent Moon that I've grown to be fairly fond of.

But i most definitely did not know her to be the daughter of the most powerful, vindictive, murderous man known as Voldemort. I've been such good friends with her all throughout our time at school, and we're in sixth year now.

We've been the closest of friends, and always told each other everything, no matter what. But she never told me this. Panic struck through me as I remember the things I've told her.

About her father.

About my father.

About my mother hating her father.

What if it was all an act for information? What if she tells her father about my parents? He'd kill them. He'd kill us all. Me and my family.

As death eaters sat around the table in my house, Voldemort sat at the end, and Moon stood behind him, I panicked even more.

My breathing became heavy and I began to sweat a little bit. I was under so much pressure. From the tasks, to making sure my parents stay alive. And now, I had all this weighing me down.

I felt a light tap on the side of my arm and turned to look in the direction it came from. It was my mother. She looked so worried.

"Draco?" She whispered. "Are you okay?"

All I could do was stare into her eyes and look at her worry and hurt.

That was the last thing I saw before I blacked out.

⚪️⚪️⚪️

My eyes fluttered open, and I looked around and realised I was laid on my bed. My head hurt a little bit, but noticed I wasn't alone.

There was someone else in my room sat beside me. It was Moon.

Suddenly the rest of the memories came floating back to me and I realised just why I passed out. Moon wasn't just Moon. Not just my Moon. She was Moon Riddle.

Tom Riddle's daughter. Voldemort's daughter. The Dark Lord's daughter.

I started panicking again and sat up and began muttering things to her, begging her not to say anything.

"Draco, Draco, calm down. Lay back down, you're still stressed. You need to rest." She cooed, pushing me back to lay down with her small hands on my chest.

"Please Moon. My mother-"

"I'm not going to tell him anything. I promise." She interrupted.

That's all I needed to hear. I did have my doubts, but I know when she promises something, she doesn't break it.

"It's like you're assuming I want this too. Like you think I wanted it to come out who my father is. I always knew it was him-"

"We tell each other everything Moon. But you didn't think this was an important thing to tell me? You know, since I'm doing his dirty work?" I scoffed. I wasn't annoyed at her. Not really. But I do wish she'd told me.

"I was scared, Draco. He terrifies me. I didn't want anything to do with him but I knew I had no choice. If I'd have told you, you'd be in even more danger. I'm not trained in occulemency like you. He'd have known, and nobody could have known."

"Okay, sorry." I said after a few moments.

When she was sat on the chair staring into space, I couldn't help but analyse each of her beautiful features.

"Moon." I muttered just loud enough for her to hear.

She hummed in response and looked towards me. I lifted up the corner of my duvet, indicating for her to come into empty side the bed with me. She smiled, and moved over to me, before joining me in my bed.

I pulled her to my chest and she cuddled into me as much as she could, resting her head on my chest.

I loved Moon. I really did. We've been through everything together, but this tops it all. We had each other, and only each other, when it came to this. Only each other to talk to. Only each other that understood.

I held her close to me and stroked her long, soft, purple hair, leaving a small peck on her head.

"We're in this together Draco." She mumbled into my chest.

"Together." I confirmed.

⚪️⚪️⚪️

I awoke by a knock on my bedroom door with a sleeping Moon tangled up with me. The door opened and I worried for a second until I saw my mother enter.

I laid back down, careful not to wake the sleeping beauty in her slumber.

"Good morning, dear." My mum greeted.

"Morning mum." I tiredly smiled back.

"I take it you got plenty of rest last night then?" She said, nodding her head towards my sprawled figure.

"Yeah. I feel a lot better now."

"The Dark Lord was asking questions." My face dropped. "About why you may have passed out, I mean. I told him you have tendency to not take well to heat, and it was a hot day so he bought it."

"Thankyou mother." I smiled, gratefully.

"So," she began. "Have you finally told her how you feel?"

"Mother!" I whisper-shouted. "Shhh, she might be awake."

"Oh Dracooo, why don't you just tell her. She cares for you, and I can see you really care for her too. You're my little boy, my only child, I know you more than anyone else. So I know how much you want this to work. You and her, I mean." She sat on the side of the bed I was laid on, and brought her hand up to stroke my cheek gently with her soft fingertips.

I let my eyes fall shut and rested my head back to relax. I took a deep sigh and then I remembered. School. Hogwarts.

"What time is it?" I asked my mother.

"9AM sharp, dear. You have 2 hours until we have to get you both to platform 9 and 3/4."

I sighed once more and thanked my mum, then she left and I decided it was best to get up.

"Moon." I whispered as I shook her sleepy figure. She moved slightly, but then groaned and told me to shush.

I giggled slightly, and tried again. "School Moon. We have to get up and ready."

"Draco. Shush your mouth and let me sleep. 5 more minutes." She slurred.

I giggled once more and smirked, before dragging myself from under her body and up to my feet.

I went into the bathroom and showered, and when I came out, I attempted to wake her up again.

"Up time Mrs." I said, as I shook a sleepy Moon again.

"Hmmmm , okay." She said, admitting defeat.

"I left the shower running for you, there's a towel in there."

"Thankyou Draco." I smiled and watched her go into the bathroom rubbing her eyes, evidently still half asleep.

I couldn't get the thought of school out of my head. School. Potter. Tasks. Stress.

At least my Moon would be there with me.