Chapter Thirty-Five

No One's P.O.V

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan and Secret." Klaus spoke as they parked. They all got out of the car, Secret and Stefan behind Klaus as he opened some door. "What are we doing here?" Secret asked. "I know how much you loved it here." Klaus ignored Secret's question. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus asked Stefan as they both walked up to him.

"Blocked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan dismissed his question. "Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend." Klaus spoke, Secret frowning as she only remembered having going after Stefan to help get him out of being the Ripper, everything after she arrived was gone from her mind.

"Word was the Ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort, his sibling chasing after him. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun." Klaus described, a grin on his face as he remembered it so vividly. Secret listened to him recall the memory, trying to see if she remembered anything herself.

"Chicago was magical." Klaus sighed at the memories while Secret frowned in frustration from not remembering a single thing. "Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it." Stefan turned around and started to walk away. "Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Secret stared at the floor, searching her mind for after she arrived in Chicago, trying her hardest to find anything.

"Ready to get down to business, then?" Klaus asked as he shut the door, turning around. "Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asked, not wanting to spend anymore time with Klaus. "We're going to see my favorite witch." Klaus spoke as he turned Secret around and grabbed her hand, forcing her to walk with him and snapping her out of her thoughts.

"If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus told Stefan before he turned his attention to Secret. "Ladies first." She ignored him as she got into the car.

———————————————————————————

Secret, Stefan, and Klaus walked into some old bar. "Looks familiar, doesn't it?" He asked them as they walked in front of him, looking around. "I can't believe this place is still here." Secret smiled as she recognized the place, this is where she first saw Stefan when she was looking for him. "You got to be kidding me." A female voice spoke, gaining their attention. "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-." Klaus started, but was cut off by the witch.

"Stop. You maybe be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." Secret cracked out a laugh as she stood next to Stefan. "I like her." She grinned at the woman. "I remember you two." Stefan nodded as he walked over to her. "Yeah. You're Gloria." Secret remembered her as the singer, she had such a beautiful voice. "Mm-hmm." Gloria smiled at them. "Shouldn't you be..." Secret was cut off by her.

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" Secret smiled at the woman's sassiness. "Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus informed them as he grinned at the woman. "I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." She clarified. "Stefan, Secret, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar." Klaus ordered them.

Secret rolled her eyes. "I'm not your slave, Klaus." Stefan grabbed her wrist. "Yeah, sure thing." Stefan pulled her away. "What is it with men pulling and ordering me around?!" She exclaimed as she tore her wrist out of his grip. "You look ravishing, by the way." Klaus complimented. "Don't flirt with her!" Secret scolded him as she glared at him.

"Don't. I know why you're here." Gloria stopped him, earning a smile from Secret. "Why do you care if he flirts with her?" Stefan interrogated his sister, staring at her. "Because I don't want him to, if anyone's gonna flirt with her, it's going to be me. Do you see how hot she is?" Secret looked back at Gloria who grinned at the girl, while Klaus glared.

"A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels." They carried on as they sat down. "So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse." Klaus demanded answers as Stefan and Secret grabbed down some glasses, both listening in on the conversation. "Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old... we'd have to contact the witch who created it." Gloria informed him.

"Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead." Klaus smirked. "I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help." Secret gave Stefan the bottle so he can sit it down where it originally was, but he also noticed a picture. Secret's eyebrows scrunched together as she stared at it. "Bring me Rebekah." Gloria ordered. "Rebekah. Rebekah is a bit preoccupied." Klaus grinned at his own joke.

"She had what I need. Bring her to me." Gloria ignored his joke, staying serious. "What is this?" Stefan demanded as Secret held it, staring at it. "Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place." Stefan looked back down at the picture as Secret held it. "But this is us, with you." The picture was in black and white. Stefan and Klaus were smiling at the camera while Secret was placing a kiss onto Klaus' cheek.

———————————————————————————

"This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you?" Stefan asked as him and Secret followed Klaus into the warehouse. "You said so yourself, that time had a lot of dark holes." Klaus responded. Secret shocked her head at his answer. "I don't remember you either." She agreed with Stefan. "No, if you knew us, then why haven't you said anything?" Stefan demanded answers as Secret held the picture.

"I'm a little busy right now. Memory lane will have to wait." Secret grabbed Klaus and turned him around. "What the hell is going on? Answer me." She demanded, getting angry at his stupid ass answers that gave no information. Klaus picked her arm up off his and dropped it, looking back at Stefan. "Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you." Secret groaned, he was answering Stefan, but not her. He explained another memory to them, one where Secret hadn't shown up yet, much to her dismay.

"Your sister." Stefan recalled slightly. "So I knew another original vampire." Klaus walked back towards the coffins. "If you can't handle it, then don't ask." He stopped at the one right in front of him, lifting up the top. Secret and Stefan walked over, looking down at the girl in the casket. Her skin was grey as her blue veins showed everywhere, a dagger right in her chest.

Klaus reached down and stroked her face gently. "I don't recognize her." Stefan told him after her stared at her, Secret having the same troubles. "Don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine." Klaus grabbed the dagger. "I doubt that." Secret stared as he pulled the dagger out. "Time to wake up, Little Sister." Klaus whispered to her. After a full two minutes of then standing there Secret started to grow annoyed.

"Any day now, Rebekah. She's being dramatic." He told them. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Klaus glared at Secret. "If I were you, I would stop making those snarky comments." Secret raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms. "Or what? You'll kill me?" Before Klaus could answer Stefan stepped back over to them. "Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on?" Secret stepped back as Stefan forced himself into her place.

"Asshole." She scoffed. "I mean, you obviously want us here for a reason, right?" Secret moved so she was on the other side of Klaus, staring down at Rebekah. "Well you have many useful talents." Klaus admitted. "Do I?" Stefan asked as he nodded along. "In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you." Secret ignored them as she stared down at Rebekah.

"I was you number one fan." Klaus lead them away from the coffins, heading for the door. "Why should I believe any of this?" Stefan asked. "I don't know, kind of sounds like you, Stefan." Secret admitted, having seen his Ripper side many times before. "When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's Bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die." Klaus compelled the guard, earning a robotic nod from him.

"Where are you going? You think I'm lying, Stefan? You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your many secrets and now I'm going to prove it to you." Secret and Stefan followed right behind Klaus. "How?" Stefan asked, still not believing him. "We're going to your old apartment." Secret looked at Stefan confused, not knowing what that has to do with anything.

(Spelling checks=❌)