Chapter Fifty-Nine

Third Person P.O.V

Elijah opened the door, revealing the three siblings standing on the other side. Secret's arms were crossed as she glared at Stefan. "Niklaus, our guests have arrived." Secret walked in first, her brothers trailing in after her. "Secret. Damon. Stefan." Klaus walked into the room.

"Elijah tells me you seek an audience. Very bold." Secret tapped her foot in annoyance. "Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, and woman, shall we?" Klaus winked at Secret. He gestured towards the table. "It's better to indulge him." Elijah told him as he walked over to the table.

"I didn't, uh, come here to eat, Klaus. In fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to, 'cause you would hear us out." Stefan walked closer to Klaus, who held an amused smile. "Hmm. Well, we can sit and eat, or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides." Klaus sat down.

"Choice is yours." Damon and Stefan sat down, leaving a seat in between Damon and Klaus. "Sit down, little bird." Secret stayed where she stood. "What if I don't want to sit there? What are you going to do? Yell at me?" Secret glared while Damon stood up.

"Someone is still a little cranky from waking up so early." He grabbed Secret's hand and pulled her over to the chair, making her sit down and push her chair in. "Don't speak about me like I'm a child." Secret glared at Stefan. "No hard feelings about last night, right, little bird?" Klaus grinned at her.

"Don't talk to me." Secret looked away from him and down at her plate. Damon started eating while Klaus and Elijah joined him. One of the compelled girls poured more wine for Damon. "Thank you, Love. Hmm." Secret hit Damon's arm when she saw him stare at the woman's ass.

"Manners." Secret scolded. "You lost your appetite." Klaus pointed out as he saw the two siblings weren't eating. "Eat. I thought that we agreed we would leave the grumpy kids at home." Damon told both of them. Secret grabbed her fork, stabbing her food. "That's the spirit." Klaus spoke as Stefan picked up his utensils.

Secret started eating, twirling her knife between her fingers. "Isn't this nice? The five of us dining together. Such a treat." Secret rolled her eyes. "Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger out of my brother?" Klaus asked sarcastically. One of the women walked over to Secret, pouring her more wine.

"Well, I know what he felt about you, so I figured, the more... the merrier." Klaus grinned as he sent a wink at Elijah. "Well, Elijah and I have had our share of quarrels over the centuries, but we always make it through." Secret pushed her plate away and let her head hit the table.

"Kind of like, uh, you and Rebekah, right? Where is she, by the way? Last I checked, she was still daggered because you were afraid to face her." Secret threw her knife at Stefan without lifting her head up from the table. Stefan, unfortunately, caught it. "If you're referring to the fact that Rebekah knows I killed our mother... I've already come clean to Elijah." Klaus admitted.

Damon pulled secret up by the back of her neck, having her sit up. Klaus grabbed her chair, pulling her closer to him. "Hey, Stef, remember when you killed dad?" Damon asked. "That bastard had it coming." Secret frowned in anger as she was reminded of the man.

"Might want to dial down the judgement till dessert." Damon told him as Klaus sat one of his arms around Secret's shoulder comfortably. "We're here to make a deal, Damon. Doesn't mean we need to kiss his ass for seven courses." Stefan told him, earning a snort out of Secret.

"I'm just saying, we have a long evening ahead of us. Pace yourself." Secret grabbed Klaus' glass of wine, taking a drink out of it. "Stefan, where is the lovely Elena tonight." Elijah asked, wanting to make conversation. "I don't know. Ask Damon." Secret let out a small laugh with Klaus. "I'm sorry, you miss so much." Klaus told Elijah as he held his hands out in question.

"Ah, trouble in paradise." Secret hit Klaus' shoulder, giving him a warning look. "One more word about Elena, and, uh, this dinner is over." Klaus pressed a finger to his lips as he grinned. "You know what, probably best to just keep Elena in the do not discuss pile." Secret sighed as she moved her legs so they laid on top of Klaus', her head laid back against his arm as she closed her eyes.

"You're probably right." Secret sighed as she wished that this dinner was over. "It's just the allure of the petrify doppelgänger is still so strong. What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?" Klaus asked. Secret opened her eyes and looked at Klaus in question, jealousy igniting in her.

"Who the fuck is Tatia?" Secret asked, her eyes narrowed. "Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?" Secret went to move her legs off Klaus, but he used his other arm to hold them there. "Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line." Secret crossed her arms once again.

"I'm sure as hell curious." Her stomach bubbled with anger. "Well, we're not going anywhere, Elijah. Please, do tell." Damon egged him on. "When our family first settled here there was a girl named Tatia. She was an exquisite beauty." Secret's nails dug into her arms as she kept her gaze on Elijah.

"Every boy of age desired to be her suitor. Even though she had a child by another man. And none loved her more than Niklaus." Secret forced Klaus' arms away from her. "Oh really?" She asked. "Oh, I'd say there was one who loved her least as much." Klaus looked over at Elijah.

"Wait a minute, so you both loved the same girl?" Stefan asked as he chuckled. "Our mother was a very powerful witch. She sought to end our feud over Tatia, and so she took her. And Klaus and I would later learn that it was Tatia's blood we consumed in the wine on the night where our mother performed the spell which turned us into vampires." Elijah explained.

"Tatia wouldn't make a decision between the two of us, so for a time, Niklaus and I... grew estranged." Elijah paused to find the right words. "Harsh words were traded. We even came to blows. Didn't we, brother?" Elijah asked as he turned to look at him. "But in the end, we recognized the sacred bond of family." Klaus told them.

"Family above... all." Elijah grabbed his drink. "Family above all." Klaus repeated and the two clinked their glasses together as a promise. Secret stared at her two brothers. "Wish that was us, huh?" She commented, making Klaus choke on his drink as he laughed. The women took the plates away after everyone was done, Secret still not letting Klaus touch her, dwelling in her jealousy.

"So why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?" Elijah suggested. "Well, it's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back. In exchange, He, and the original extended family, leave Mystic Falls forever." Secret's eyes widened. "What? You never told me that part." She quickly glared at her two brothers.

"Me, Secret, Stefan and Elena live happily ever after, no grudges." Secret was fuming in her chair, the jealousy from earlier begging the anger to rise higher. "Deal sounds fair, brother." Elijah glanced at Klaus. "I don't think you understand. Elena's doppelgänger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I would never leave her behind. Besides, I would never leave Secret here with your constant back and forth." Klaus turned down the offer.