Chapter Eight

No One's P.O.V.

Secret was awoken to frantic speaking, barely listening because she was half awake. Her eyes were halfway open as she used her speed to get downstairs, stopping at the bottom of the staircase. Her face moved into one of confusion and sleepiness as she looked at them.

"Elijah?" Her tired voice spoke as both Elena and Elijah's eyes snapped towards her. "Secret?" Elena asked in a worried voice, quickly going over to her. "Why are you awake?" Secret stretched out her limbs as she walked past Elena, stopping to look at Elijah. "You two woke me up." She replied, still staring at Elijah.

"I'll be right back, it's too early to deal with this without some alcohol." She mumbled as she walked to Damon's supply that sat out in the open. Elena turned back to Elijah to continue their conversation, not worrying about Secret. Elijah's eyes lingered on the Salvatore before turning back to Elena.

"What happened?" He questioned her, revisiting a "shh" from Elena. Elena pointed above her then at her ear as Secret popped back up next to them, a glass of bourbon in her hand. "I'll tell you. Not here." Elena whispered as quietly as she could. Secret looked between them, not giving a shit as she drank her beverage.

"Can I trust you?" Elena asked. In all honesty Secret is just there to make sure Elijah doesn't kill Elena, even if he hasn't been invited in yet. "Can I trust you?" Elijah countered in a whisper. Secret held back a laugh, they were being so serious but kept whispering, it was hilarious to her. Elena looked upstairs one more time before handing him the dagger.

Secret downed the rest of her drink before setting the glass down on a table nearby, come right back to them after. Elijah glanced at Secret suspiciously, looking her up and down while she stood in her pajamas.

Stefan woke up and looked next to him, not seeing Elena's body. He was quick to make it down the stairs, yelling out her name, hoping for her to answer. He walked down the hall and saw one of Damon's new play toys. "Hey, have you seen Elena?" He asked her as he walked up to her.

"Uh, no." She spoke as she fixed her purple scarf. Damon walked behind Stefan, smirking as he approached the woman. "Hi sweetie." The woman held out a mug full of coffee for him. "Good morning." She spoke sweetly as she gave him a quick kiss on the lips. 

"Hey, where's Elena?" Stefan asked Damon, a look of worry stitched onto his face. "I don't know, Stefan. It's your girlfriend. Mine's right here." Damon responded, the woman holding onto him as he swayed slightly. Stefan turned around and went onto his phone.

"Oh, Hey. How's the shoulder? Have time for a bite?" He asked the woman. "I am so hungry." He drag out the word "so" to add some dramatics. "It's really messy." The woman responded with a playful smile before it was swiped off of her face. "Can you just use a blood bag today?" She looked at him with pleading eyes. "I'm already late for work."

"No." Damon pouted as Stefan called Elena's phone number. "Hey, it's me. Where are you? Call me." He spoke when the call went to voicemail. Damon started kissing the woman again, earning a scoff from Stefan. "What are you doing? She's not a windup toy." Disgust was written all over his face.

"It's really none of your business is it, Stefan?" The woman argues back. "Yeah. What she said." Damon backs her up with an arrogant smirk towards his brother. "I have to go to work." The woman whispered quickly before giving him a peck on the lips and walking to the door.

"Ugh, bye." He rolled his eyes after she was out of the house. Stefan quickly went down to the basement, Damon running after him in confusion. Stefan stopped at the entrance of where Elijah use to be, his face in shock and fear. Damon ran up behind him, stopping when he didn't see Elijah in the cell.

"No, she didn't." His voice was laced with disbelief and shock. "Go wake Secret up." Damon told Stefan as he looked around the cell for the dagger. Stefan does up to Secret's room slamming the door open as he rushed in. "Wake up Elena's go-." He didn't finish his sentence because he realized she wasn't in her bed.

Stefan quickly checked the whole house, coming up with no Secret, before going back to Damon downstairs. "She isn't here, she must be with Elijah and Elena." Damon threw the few things that were in the cell. "Damnit!!" He cursed in anger as Stefan watched him from the doorway.

~

Elena pulled the car to a stop on the side of the road, parking it. Elijah finished the blood bag he was drinking while Secret sat in the back, fully awake now and mentally cursing herself out for letting them take her with them. "You look better." Elena commented. Secret snorted at her, grinning while leaning forward.

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah spoke before Secret could say anything, not looking up from the blood bag he held in his hands. "I'll tell you everything but we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." The seriousness in the car was really starting to suffocate Secret.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." No emotions showed on his face or such, but Secret could hear a hint of annoyance in his words. "No demands." Elena replied quickly, trying not to rush her words. "I'm offering you my help." Secret's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"You're help?" She asked, but only got ignored by the both, causing her to huff and sit back in the seat. "And in return, I want yours." Secret rolled her eyes. "That sounds like a demand." She whispered, earning a glance from Elijah. "And why should I even consider this?" He countered as he finally looked at her.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you." Elena spoke confidently.