Chapter Twelve

No One's P.O.V

Elena quietly shut the door to a spare bedroom in the Salvatore house, Jenna asleep inside. Stefan stood in front of her with worry. "Is she going to be okay?" Elena looked up at him. "She's in shock. I tried to tell her as much as I could, but I barely scratched the surface." Stefan frowned as he shook his head slightly.

"I'm so sorry Elena. I hate this." He started tearing up along with Elena. "It's not your fault, Stefan." Stefan scoffed. "It's mine." Elena looked down. "Anyways... I have to go back. To Elijah" She looked back up at him to se who's reaction. She walked past him, but he was quick to stop her.

"Wait, what? No, No!" He grabbed her arm, causing her to turn to face him. "Stefan, I promised him I would return. I can't break that promise." She looked at him. "And he still has Secret. I'm sure she can handle herself, but I don't trust Elijah." Stefan looked up. "Oh." He whispered. "Yeah." Elena whispered back.

Stefan nodded. "I'll be okay." She whispered to him before walking away. She only got a few steps down the fall before Damon walked in. "Where do you think you're going?" His girlfriend followed behind him. "Back to Elijah." Elena sighed out. Damon does in front of her.

"No." Elena jumped a little but rolled her eyes. "Get out of my way, Dam-." She tried to walk around him but he grabbed her shoulders. "If you so much as try and take a step out of this house.." Andie stepped forward. "Damon, easy." She tried to get him to calm down. "Stay out of this Andie!" He didn't look back at her, keeping his eyes on Elena.

"Let her go." Stefan walked up to them. Damon still didn't take his eyes off Elena as he kept his hold on her. "Are you kidding me? We just got her back." Stefan grabbed Damon's arm, not moving it, but keeping it in a tight grip. "You heard me." Damon looked down at Stefan's arm with a raised eyebrow.

He looked back up at Stefan who leaned closer. "I said let her go." He repeated himself to his older brother. "That's twice today you've stood in my way. I wouldn't try a third." Damon threatened Stefan as the two stared each other down.

Maddox walked into the apartment a few minutes after Klaus, in Alaric's body, did. "Maddox, what took you so long?" He demanded. Maddox opened the door wide and two men walked in with multiple bags. "You've got a lot of luggage." Klaus looked over at the two men that put the things onto the floor.

A few seconds later a smiling witch came into view, walking into the apartment. "Greta. Finally." Klaus greeted the dark skinned woman. "Hello, Love." Greta grinned as she walked up to him. "Hello." His voice wasn't a whisper but it wasn't at its natural volume. Greta looked him up and down. "Nice body." She complimented the body Klaus is currently using.

She looked up at him, the same grin still on her face. "You ready to get out of it?" Klaus nodded. "Mm-hmm." He and Greta watched as the two men rolled in a coffin, of sorts, with locks on it.

Elijah leaned against the wall in the room next to the of the Lockwood house, Secret soundlessly asleep on the couch. Elena opened the door and walked in, causing Elijah to look up at her in surprise. He smiled slightly as he pushed himself off of the wall and walked towards her. "Welcome back." He greeted her.

Elena took of her pink leather jacket. "Tell me." Elijah's smile slowly left his face. "What is Klaus' curse?" Elena demanded the answer. "Please." He pointed towards one of the two chairs, since a sleeping Secret occupied the couch. Elijah sat down his glass of alcohol onto the table in front of the two chairs and the couch as he walked towards the other available chair.

"My family was quite close, but Klaus and my father did not get on too well." He sat down in the chair, facing towards her. "When we became vampires, we discovered the truth." His eyes wandered over to Secret, who wasn't disturbed one bit by there talking. She was exhausted from waking up early then going everywhere with them, it'd be a miracle if you could wake her.

"Klaus was not my father's son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret." Elijah revealed, leaving Elena in shock. But he didn't stop, he want finished telling the truth. "Klaus is from a different bloodline." Elena sighed as she looked at the ground, still listening as she took everything in.

"Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and killed my mother's lover." Elijah stood back up as he spoke. "And his entire family." He looked down as he walked over to the mantle in the room, grabbing his glass as he went, never hesitating with his words. He looked back up at Elena after he turned around to face her.

"Not realizing, of course, that he was initiating a war between species that rages until this day." Elena looked up at him, completely shocked. Her shock became confusion as she went over the last sentence. "A war between two species?" She asked, glancing at Secret to make sure they weren't disturbing her, to which they were not.

"The vampires... and the werewolves." Elijah clarified. "So Klaus' real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire?" Elena dreaded asking the question, scared of what the answer could be, but she had too. "He's both." Elijah responded after seconds of silence. Elena started at him in shock and fear, processing what she just heard.