Chapter Fifty-Six

Third Person P.O.V

Secret groaned as she held her head in her hands, there was so many things going on, she had just heard that Stefan threatened Klaus. Jeremy is moving away, today is Caroline's birthday, Tyler is sired, Damon is going around and keeping secrets. And let's not forget that her feelings for Klaus are making things more confusing.

Secret just wanted one day where nothing happened, no drama, people not dying, no threats. Just one day where she could have the tiniest feeling of peace, peace of not having to worry about her brother's safety, or anyone else's. She looked down at her phone that just vibrated.

Your little hybrid boyfriend is becoming bestie bestie with the mayor. They council threatening going against Stefan.

Secret groaned at Damon's text, her body slumping in her bed. She had refused to do anything today, but everything seemed to find her. Secret wished she was normal, that her brothers weren't in love with a doppelgänger. Oh how her somewhat immortal life would be if her brothers loved anyone else.

Secret stood up, going downstairs. She saw Stefan, holding a bunch of rope of some kind. "Stefan, what the actual fuck are you doing?" She asked. He turned around to look at her as he was carefully dipping the rope into a bowl of vervain. "Are you planning to use that on Klaus? That's pathetic." Secret rolled her eyes as she started to walk past him. Her eyes widened when she felt a syringe of vervain shoved in her neck, causing her to pass out.

—————————————————————————

Secret felt her body burning, her mouth burning at the sensation of something. Her eyes fluttered open, she tried to move her limbs, but cried out as vervain dug into her skin and mouth. She was covered in vervain ropes, one even tied around her mouth. Her muffled cries went noticed by Elena, the human looked back in worry as tears streamed down the vampire's face.

"Well that's not going to happen until I get my coffins back." She heard Klaus from the phone call on Stefan's phone. "Ok. Well, then I'm going to drive your blood source off the wicker bridge and take out Secret's heart." Secret's muffled cries ranged through the car from the pain. "I don't believe you, Stefan. You won't kill either one of them." Klaus cockily said.

Stefan bit into his wrist and shoved the blood into Elena's mouth and she tried to protest. "What are you doing?!" Secret looked at Elena. "Elena." Secret's muffled cries went unnoticed by the panicking girl. She begged for Elena to untie her, but she couldn't understand what she was saying.

"What's going on?" Klaus demanded. "I just fed her my blood. No more hybrids if she's a vampire." Elena looked at Stefan in disbelief and fear. Secret felt her heart ache with betrayal and her body aching with the constant pain burning in her skin. "You won't do it." Klaus stated again, testing his bluff.

"Really? Try me because your coffins are next to go, right after Secret. Say goodbye to your family, Klaus." Secret and Elena's cries were filling the car. "Stefan, slow down! Stefan, stop it!" Elena begged and begged. "Fine! I'll send them away, you win." Stefan kept his foot on the gas pedal, despite what Klaus had said.

"Stefan!" Elena cried out. "Stefan, stop!" Secret cried as she was thrashed around in the backseat by the jerkiness of the car, the ropes pushing farther into her skin. "Stop the car, Stefan!" Elena screeched as Stefan abruptly stepped on the brakes. Klaus hung up on the phone while secret laid in the backseat now, crying as she begged for one of them to untie her.

Elena gasped as she breathed heavily. She climbed out of the car, causing Stefan to climb out, both forgetting about Secret in the backseat. "Get back in the car!" Stefan demanded. "Stay away from me!" Elena yelled. "Elena, get in the car." Stefan quickly walked after her. "How could you?!" Elena yelled.

Secret cried out in pain as she forced her self to sit up, inching closer to the car door. She pushed her arms against the rope to get her hand close enough to open the door, her body falling onto the ground as all she felt was the vervain on her body. "My parents died going over this bridge. I almost died. You knew that." Elena cried as she yelled at him, her voice gradually getting softer.

"You're the one who saved me." Secret looked around, trying to find something to get her out of the ropes. "Look, he had to believe that I would do it, all right? Your fear sold it." Stefan tried to defend himself. "Well, what if he hadn't?" Elena asked. "He did." Stefan repeated. "Well, what if he hadn't?" Elena yelled.

"He did, Elena! He backed down! He has a weakness! If I know his weakness, I can destroy him!" Stefan yelled back at her, anger in his voice. "After everything, that's what mattered, destroying Klaus?" Elena turned around and started to walk away but stopped. "Destroying Klaus is all I have left." Stefan spoke.

"You had me!" Elena turned around. "I lost you the minute I left town with him. You just haven't let yourself admit that yet." Stefan explained to her. "Is that what you're doing? Trying to make me hate you?" Elena asked, trying to understand. "I don't really care what you think about me anymore, Elena." Stefan then got into the car and pulled off.

Elena noticed Secret and rushed over to her. She turned the girl around, earning agonizing yells from her. Elena quickly untied the ropes, Secret laying on the ground as he body slowly started to heal. "A-Are you alright?" Secret asked, her voice scratchy as the tears hadn't stopped. "I can't believe he did this." Elena whispered as she kept crying too.

"I can't either." Secret whispered back, looking up at the sky. As soon as Secret was healed, she had brought Elena to Damon before disappearing. She ran to the home Klaus was making, hoping he would be there. "Klaus?!" Her voice rung through the empty house as she continued to cry.

He appeared in front of her and she quickly latched her arms around him. "Shhh." Klaus whispered as he lowered the both of them onto the floor, holding her close. "H-He tied me up w-with vervain ropes." Secret stuttered as she cried. "H-He was so serious about k-killing us." Klaus rubbed her back as he pressed her head into his chest.

Secret pulled back to look at him. "I didn't expect him to do this, little bird. I'm so sorry." Secret stared at Klaus, she couldn't see any lies on his face, only sadness and sympathy. She launched herself back onto him, his soothing words helping her calm down.

"I did everything for him." She whispered. "I protected him when we were kids, even now. I let dad burn me so he wouldn't get hurt." Her pained voice was small as her heart broke. "I took a bullet for him." She recalled when her father had meant to shoot him, but instead she ran in front of him, taking the first shot into her stomach.

"I know, darling." Klaus kissed the top of her head. "He's never gone this far." Klaus was angry as he held onto the girl. He could feel how betrayed she was, and he wanted to kill Stefan for it. Secret felt her eyes growing heavy, her body starting to slump against Klaus's. Once she was fully out Klaus received a begging text for his blood and was informed on Caroline's situation.

At first, he refused, not wanting to leave Secret. But was convinced once they said how much Secret would appreciate it, and how it would be for her. He imagined how happy she would be that he had done something good for one of her friends for once. How she would praise him for doing something he wasn't necessarily obliged to do.