Chapter Fourty-Seven

No One's P.O.V

Secret woke up, feeling tired as she stared at the ceiling, her mind instantly going back to last nights events. After a few minutes she got up, pushing the mess out of her way as she walked out of her door, shaking out glass that was in some of her hair. She walked into the living room, grabbing a glass and pouring some bourbon.

"A little help?" Damon asked, gaining her attention. "Stefan?" She asked as she walked over, looking over how he was chained up. "Nope, I have a theory though." Secret interrupted him before he could tell her. "If I let you out of these, will you shut up and leave me alone?" Damon gave her a nod. Secret tore off the chains before walking into the kitchen.

She heard Damon upstairs in his room then he ran out of the house, driving away. "Oh, thank you, Secret, that was so kind of you." She made her voice deeper as she poured herself a bowl of cereal. "Why, of course, Damon, you are so very welcome." She shoved a spoonful of fruity pebbles into her mouth.

———————————————————————————

Secret gave multiple complaints as Lexi pulled her into the grill. "Stefan can do whatever he wants, I'm not his fucking mother, Lexi." She was still very upset about last night and didn't want to help at all. "Lexi?" Elena asked as she walked out of the bathroom. "Today was a good day to be thinking about me, Elena." Lexi smiled at her while Secret glared.

"Mm-hmm. Come with me." She turned around to leave but Elena stopped her. "Where?" Elena asked as she looked up at her. "Ripper detox 101. Crash course." Lexi used her free hand to grab Elena's and lead her, but Elena didn't move. "I'm sorry, did you not just say how desperate you were for my help in saving Stefan's life?" She asked in slight annoyance, knowing that she didn't have that much time.

Elena looked back before turning back around to face Lexi and Secret. "Let's go." Secret sighed as she was dragged along against her will. Lexi opened the cell door to reveal a chained up Stefan. "Klaus really did a number on him, huh?" Lexi walked in, Secret and Elena on either side of her. "He compelled him to turn off his humanity." Elena replied.

"Well, we're just going to have to convince him to turn it back on." Secret turned around to leave, but Lexi grabbed her arm. "Nope, you're going to help whether you want to or not." Secret ripped her arm out of Lexi's grip but didn't leave. "I have to warn you, it's not going to be pretty." She looked over at Elena, giving her a warning before she started the process.

"I can handle it." She assured her, making Secret let out a snort. "Yeah right." Elena and Lexi ignored her comment as Lexi kicked Stefan's leg. "Wake up, Sleepyhead." Stefan raised his head up, Lexi smiling at him as her hands rested on her hips. "How you feeling?" Stefan looked down as he tried to move his arms, but only to find them locked up. He let out a chuckle as he stared at them before moving his gaze up at Lexi.

"What is this? Let me out of here!" He demanded as he fought against them again. "Shh. Inside voices, please." Stefan looked at her as she raised her hand. "I'm trying to get inside your head." He recognized Elena and turned the conversation over to her. "Elena. Get rid of her, please." He cocked his head to the side. "No." Stefan stared at Elena.

"First step, drying him out. Starve away the blood lust. Strip away the temptation." Stefan laughed as he held eye contact with Lexi. "This isn't going to work, Lexi. You can't do this." Lexi ignored Stefan. "You heard the not pretty part?" She asked Elena, making sure she was still comfortable. "I heard you." Elena confirmed her wanting to stay there.

Lexi bent over, getting closer to Stefan as she concentrated. "What are you doing?" Stefan demanded to know as he started to feel a bit of fear. Stefan gasped as he let out choking sounds. "What are you doing, Lexi?!" He yelled as he looked down at his hands, fighting against the restraints as he tried to get out. "Doing what I do best, Sweetness. I'm saving your life." Stefan continued to yell and try to break free.

Stefan's voice was strained as he spoke. "I'm starving. I'm starving." Lexi walked around him as he threw his head back. "I'm starving! Let me out! Let me out! Please let me out." His orders turned into a beg, desperate to get away and drink blood. "What's happening?" Elena asked in worry as she watched him. "He's hallucinating." Secret replied, smiling as she watched him in pain.

"That's three months without any blood." The chains rattled loudly as he lurched forward, being pulled back. "Let me out!" He repeated. "Now he's at nine months." Lexi stood next to Elena. "Two years." Stefan got increasingly more angry and desperate, his attempts more fueled, but for nothing. "Five." Stefan cut her off by speaking through clenched teeth.

"Did I ever tell you how glad I am that you're dead?" He insulted her as he saw red. "Oh. I missed you, too, Friend." Lexi told him, giving him a sarcastic smile. Elena's cellphone rang, making her dig it out of her pocket and answer it. She walked out of the cell as she pressed the accept button. "Hello?" She pushed some hair back behind her ear while Secret listened in.

"So the necklace isn't where Damon said it would be and now we can't reach Damon." Caroline's voice came through the speaker, sounding annoyed at the situation. "Listen, I need you to get Bonnie to hold off on sending the ghosts back." Elena told her. Secret frowned, she wasn't really filled in on the ghost situation.

"What?! But you said you were in full support of getting rid of them." Caroline asked, wanting to know why she changed her mind. "I was. I am. Look, Lexi's here and she's helping with Stefan." She explained her situation that was happening over here. "Ok, let's just find it first and then we'll choose between boyfriend ghost dramas." Secret cracked a smile at Caroline's nickname for it.

Elena closed her phone after Caroline ended the call. Elena walked back in while Lexi stood behind Stefan, Secret standing in front of him, sweat covering his face. "Elena, Elena. I'm hurting. Please help me." He begged as he tried playing on her emotions. "Don't listen. Shut him out." Secret demanded as she moved to block Elena form view.

"I am helping you, Stefan." Stefan moved his head to look past Secret. "I'll do anything. I'll change. I promise." He made an empty promise, saying anything to get him out of the chains. "It's a lie. He'll say anything right now." Lexi told her, calling out his bluff. Secret moved off to Stefan's other side while Lexi moved to the other, Elena now standing in front of him.

"Elena, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Just make it stop. Please, just make it stop." Secret looked up at Elena, seeing how she was feeling. "You have to separate yourself from your emotions. Don't let him play with them." Elena looked over at her, but Stefan demanded for her attention once again. "Hey, look at me. Look at me. Elena. I love you, ok? I love you. I love you so much." Elena took a deep breath.

"I love you so much, Elena." He could see her fighting her emotions from her facial expressions. "I love you so much, Elena." Lexi went to go grab something, making Secret let out a small smile. "I'm sorry, Stefan. I just don't believe you." Stefan's mood quickly changed when he saw she wouldn't help. "You know what? I don't want your help, anyway. I wish I'd never met you. Every single moment that I've spent with you has been a complete total waste."

He snapped at her, his words like acid, burning Elena's ears and cracking open her heart. "You see that? That's the ripper talking. Once he's weak enough, you have to cause him pain. Make him feel things. Anger, rage, anything." Lexi explained to Elena and Stefan. "You have to make him see past the blood." She tossed the piece of metal to Secret who swiftly plunged it into his chest, barely scraping his heart before tearing it out.

"Think of it as a regimen. Day in and day out. Like running the treadmill. Like making coffee." Secret smiled at Stefan, finally having some fun. "You have no idea what you're in for." She whispered to him, all of her anger towards him begging to be let out. "Until he's ready to be saved." Secret stopped right before his chest, stopping as Stefan leaned forward, inches from her face. "I will rip you apart, Secret!" He yelled, his breathing heavy.

"Not before I take off your every limb." She brought the metal back and pushed it forward, stabbing him once again and smiling as he screamed in pain. "I can't..." Elena backed away and ran out the door. "Told you she wouldn't have the guts." Secret looked back at Lexi, flipping her hair back. Lexi sighed as she watched Elena run out.