Chapter Ten

No One's P.O.V

"So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us." Elijah, Elena, and Secret all sat in a lounge room in the mansion, each in their own purple chairs. Secret popped a gummy bear in her mouth; she had got them earlier while they waited for Elijah to be done changing into some clean clothes.

"Yep." Secret made a popping noise for the "p" as she threw a gummy bear up into the air and catching it into her mouth. "I'm sorry." Elena spoke, taking Elijah's attention away from Secret. "And Katerina." Secret finished gummy bears, sitting the empty bag down on the coffee table.

"She would have been released from my compulsion when I died." It was more of a statement than a question. "Klaus took her." Secret replied as she leaned back in the chair. "We think she that she may be dead." Elena spoke. "I, personally, don't think she's dead." Secret corrected Elena.

"I agree." Elijah gave a small smirk to Secret before looking back at Elena, wiping the smirk off of his face. "Not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did." He stated matter of factly. "I don't understand." Elena spoke as she shook her head, confused. "You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him."

Secret rolled her eyes at Elena. "I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time..." He paused as he looked between the two before settling his eyes onto Elena. "I'd have done anything for Klaus." So when you were Klaus' bitch. Secret grinned at her thought, not going noticed by the two.

"Klaus is my brother." Elena gaped at home while Secret sighed, already knowing this. "I heard that. I'm still processing." Secret leaned forward with annoyance on her face, directed towards Elena. "I though this was already known? They're both originals, both in the original family." Elijah watched in amusement at the girls snarky attitude.

Elijah turned back to Elena as Secret leaned back in the chair. "Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is 'O.M.G.'." Secret stared at him for a second before laughing, causing the two to stare at her. Elijah looked at her in curiosity, wondering how someone would act so calmly and freely in a situation as such.

Elena started at her with fear, fear of thinking that Elijah would get annoyed of Secret and kill her. Secret soon calmed down, wiping the tears from her eyes as she grinned. "Sorry, Sorry, carry on." She insisted. After a few minutes of silence Elijah stood up and fixed the cuffs to his suit while Elena looked up at him confused.

"There's a whole family of originals?" She asked. Secret's hands tightened into a fists as she let out a small groan. The two ignored her actions, Elijah walking over to a mirror and fixing the buttons to his shirt. "My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children."

After fixing his suit jacket and button shirt, he turned around to face the two girls. "So you're parents we're humans?" Secret looked over at Elijah curiously, not knowing anything else about the family. "Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Elena."

Elena looked shocked while Secret just raised an eyebrow, a trick she learned years ago. "Just know... We are the oldest vampire in the world." He decided against giving out more information, not trusting them enough. "We are the original family. And from us all, vampires were created." No shit, Secret thought.

"Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?" Secret looked at Elena before looking back at Elijah. Usually Secret would be the one talking, but she didn't trust Elijah that much to fully speak her mind around him. Because she is a tiny bit scared that he would kill her for being annoying or making rude comments to him.

"I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad... dead." Secret snickered at the pun as she got up. "Come." He walked past the two girls, both of them following behind him. They both caught up with him, walking on either side of him as they walked out to the huge backyard of the Lockwood Mansion.

"As you have seen, nothing can kill an original. Not sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite." Secret silently wished that she had the immunity to all of those, it sounded like heaven not having to worry about them. "Only the wood from one tree; a tree my family made sure burned." Secret nodded silently to her own question. So they do have a weakness, she thought.

"That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from." Elena's words came out more as a question than a statement. "Yes. The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain balance." Secret nodded again. "That makes sense." She commented, mostly speaking to herself.

"So the sun can't kill an original. Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the sun and moon curse?" Elena was trying to understand everything, and for that to happen she had to keep asking questions. "Right, the curse of the sun and the moon." Elijah smiled as he looked at the sky while he kept walking.

"It's all so... biblical-sounding, don't you think?" He paused to find the right words before turning to Secret and Elena. Secret shrugged as an answer to Elijah's question, not really caring to actually think about it. "What's so funny?" Elena asked as she looked at him, not liking not knowing.

Elijah explained slightly from a memory of his, but only made Elena more confused. "I don't understand. So Klaus drew the Aztec sketches about the curse?" Elijah still had a small smile on his face as he spoke next. "Roman Scrolls, African Tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting in it."

"But why?" Secret crossed her arms, starting to get bored as the two kept talking. "Easiest way to discover the existence of a doppelgänger or get your hands on some long, lost moon stone is to have every single member of two warring species on the lookout of it." Damn, that's smart. Secret though to herself.