Chapter Fifty-Four

Third Person P.O.V

"All you have done is try to hurt my friends and my family." Secret shot back at him. "But I would never hurt you." He placed a hand on her cheek, noticing the angry tears swelling in her eyes. "You've broken my neck before, Klaus." Secret pointed out. "Which was necessary! I would never hurt you unless it is needed." He defended his actions.

He looked down at her neck, a smirk grazing his lips. "You're wearing the necklace, little bird, what does that say?" Secret looked down, cursing herself for putting it on that morning. "It's pretty." She awfully excused her actions. "So if I were to kiss you, you wouldn't react?" He asked as he got out of his chair, standing in front of her as he tipped her chin up to look at him.

Secret glanced behind her, seeing that the Hybrid had left. She refused to answer and to look him in the eyes. "Is that a no?" He grinned down at her. She stayed quiet. Klaus closed the distance between their lips, Secret ignoring the sparks it ignited in her body. She thought over all of the wrongs of kissing him back, trying to convince herself not to.

She ignored her rational thoughts as she kissed him back, their lips seemingly made for one another. Her hands laid on his shoulders as one of his wrapped around her neck, not squeezing too tightly to hurt her, the other resting on her thigh. Secret suddenly felt guilt fill her, she felt like she was betraying her brother's trust.

She pushed Klaus back some, standing up and running before he could stop her. She was confused, she wanted to protect her family, but her feelings for Klaus kept bubbling up whenever she tried to push them away. She walked into the house, seeing Damon pouring himself a drink.

"Pour me one." She walked over as she sighed, Damon already handing one over. "Well?" Damon asked. "I kissed him." Secret admitted in shame as she dragged her hand down her face. "You did what?" Damon raised his voice in surprise. "I don't know why! I don't know!" She yelled back pulling at her hair now as her glass sat on the table.

There was a whooshing sound as Damon sat the bourbon bottle back down. They both turned around to see Klaus, Secret groaning as she banged her head against her brother's shoulder. "I think it's about time we had a drink, don't you?" Klaus asked as he kept his eyes on Damon.

"I'd say we're overdue." Damon responded. "Well, you've been so busy, what with all your plotting and scheming." Klaus sarcastically responded. "You know me, never miss a chance to an epic failure." Damon said. "Don't be so hard on yourself." Klaus walked down the few stairs, getting closer.

"Who could have guessed your own brother would betray you?" Klaus stood in front of the two siblings. "Well, I did have a front row seat when your sister lied to you." Damon pointed out as he smirked. "Yeah, well, she's fickle, that one." Damon nodded his head slightly, causing Secret to hit his arm.

"And you say you have no idea of her whereabouts?" Klaus implied that he did. "That's the thing with younger siblings. You just," damon chuckled. "never know what they're going to do." Klaus gave a chuckle as Damon finished his drink. "Drink?" Damon asked as he started to pour his own.

"I'll be in my room." Secret told her brother, wishing to escape Klaus. "Kill my brother, and I take away every single hybrid you have created." She threatened Klaus. "I just love her way of flirting." He spoke to Damon, making Secret roll her eyes before leaving the two alone.

She quickly put earbuds in, blasting the music so she couldn't hear what was going on downstairs.

—————————————————————————

Secret walked into the home in progress, her arms crossed as she heard Klaus talking to Tyler upstairs. Klaus quickly appeared in front of Secret. Secret glared as she shoved the piece of wood she hid in her jacket into Klaus' stomach. "You asshole! You had Alaric ran over!" She yelled as she pushed him back.

Klaus pulled the stake out of his stomach. "I needed to make an example, your brother responds best to violence." He threw the stake off to the side. "You don't just go around harming people!" Secret yelled as she tried to push him back, but he pushed her back into a nearby wall, her hands pinned above her head.

She lifted her leg up and kicked him across the room. "You wonder why I don't admit I have feelings for you, it's because you do shit like this! Damon cares for Alaric, why are you always trying to hurt my family?" She yelled as she grabbed the stake, running at him. He grabbed her arm before she could penetrate his skin with it.

"So you do have feelings for me." Klaus grinned. Secret let out an annoyed yell as she pushed him away from her. "Of course that's the only thing that processes through that thick skull of yours!" Multiple hybrids stood in the room now. Secret glared at all of them. "Call off your mutts, Klaus." She demanded.

Klaus raised an eyebrow at her. "Who am I to go by your orders?" Secret glared at him. "Get back to work." He yelled at them, to which they quickly did. "I want my family back, you would do the same for yours." Klaus told her as he slowly walked over to her. Secret sighed as she knew he was right.

"They wouldn't listen, so I had reevaluate." Secret glared back at him. "I don't care about the little Gilbert, but as soon as it involves anyone else that my brother cares about, you have crossed the line." Klaus grabbed Secret's hand, pulling her closer to him. "Yet you still come back." Secret kept her glare.

"Because you won't stop harming those that I love." Klaus wrapped his arm around her waist as the other one held her wrist, keeping her locked into that position. "Don't you love me? You used to once upon a time." Despite his smile, she could see how vulnerable he was through his eyes. "That is off topic, Klaus." Secret refused to answer.

"Give me my family back, and I will leave your brother alone. You would even get to meet that little bugger Kol, he's just a ray of sunshine. Then there's the boring old Finn." Secret figured that those were his other family members. "We are trying, he's being an asshole, all because you made his flip his switch." Secret accused.

"Well, I didn't think it would turn to this." Klaus spoke back as his face inched closer to hers. "No way, this is not going to be some time where you are going to seduce me." She pushed his face back with her free hand. "So you would let me seduce you?" He grinned at her. "On a good day, which is not today." She admitted.

"Well, I guess I'll just have to wait for that good day to happen, won't I, little bird?" Secret frowned. "Why do you call me that?" She demanded. "You once said you loved how beautiful birds were, I think you're far more beautiful." Klaus grinned. Secret sighed and shook her head. "That was so cheesy, did you hope that was going to earn you a kiss?" She asked as he kept his grin.

"Did it?" He asked. Secret thought it over, wondering what's the harm. "Maybe a small one, on the cheek." Klaus turned his head to the side. Secret leaned in, Klaus turning his head right before her lips could reach his cheek, instead catching them with his own. Secret pulled back after a second, giving him an annoyed look. "Cheater." Klaus ignored her annoyed look.

"Never said I played by the rule darling." Secret rolled her eyes and pulled herself out of his grip. "I have places to be, please try not to kill anyone." She then left the house, her head racing with thoughts of Klaus and of how to convince Stefan to give the coffins up.