Chapter Thirty-Six

No one's P.O.V

They all walked up to Stefan's old apartment, right away Secret had heard a heartbeat. She frowned, seeing that they hadn't noticed, so she kept it to herself. "What a charming little homestead." Klaus commented as the walked up to the door. Klaus frowned as he saw it cracked open. He shoved the door wide open walking inside with Stefan and Secret. "Do you feel that?" Klaus asked with his hand up.

"Is anybody here." Secret couldn't put her finger on the familiar scent. "It's been vacant for decades. People must break in all the time." Stefan responded as both the siblings looked around. "Why'd you bring us here?" Stefan walked further in the room. Secret instantly heard the heartbeat get louder, wondering how they couldn't hear it. "Your friend, Liam Grant, the one who drank his wife's blood. I never could figure out why you wanted his name." Klaus started to explain.

"And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual." Secret slowly inched towards the shelf, not wanting to gain their attention. "To write it down." Stefan answered as he remembered his old habit. "And relive the kill... over and over again." Secret frowned, she had never heard of Stefan doing that, but she wouldn't put it past him.

Klaus walked over to the shelf and pulled it open, revealing a hidden compartment. Secret instantly walked in, holding back a gasp when she noticed Elena. "You believe me now?" Stefan walked in and saw Secret staring at Elena, who was silently pleading for them not to tell Klaus she was there. "Look at what I found." Secret snapped around and stared at Stefan in disbelief. She wouldn't admit it, but she had grown a little attached to the troublesome Gilbert.

Stefan grabbed a bottle and turned around, showing Klaus. Secret put a finger to her lips, telling Elena to be quiet before she slipped out and closed the shelf. "1918." Klaus read the label. "Single Malt." Stefan gave the bottle to him. "My favorite." Klaus grinned at Stefan. "Let's go and find someone to pair it with." Klaus walked out the door while Secret let out a breath she held in.

———————————————————————————

"Where's Rebekah?" Gloria asked Klaus, who sat at the bar, along with Stefan and Secret, as she gave him a beer. "She'll be here." Klaus promised. "I can't just conjure her on demand." Gloria stared at him with slight irritation before she walked off to go serve others. "What's with you? I thought Chicago was your playground." Klaus asked as he looked to his left at Stefan.

Secret grabbed Klaus' beer and took a swing before she sat it back down in his hand. "So this is why you asked me to be your wingman? Because you like the way that I tortured innocent people?"  Stefan asked as he turned to face Klaus. "Well, that certainly half of it." Klaus grabbed two shot glasses for him and Stefan and poured them a drink, seeing as Secret stole his beer back.

"What's the other half?" Stefan quickly asked, wanting to know as much as he could. "The other half, Stefan, is that you used to want to be my wingman. Just as your sister wanted to be by my side." Secret ignored him as Klaus slid the drink down to Stefan. Secret groaned as Klaus explained another memory to Stefan, she didn't care enough to listen to see if she was included.

"So I'm confused. If we were such great friends, why do I only know you as the hybrid dick who sacrificed my girlfriend on an altar of fire?" Stefan asked. "And who won't leave his sister alone!" Secret added on as she leaned over to them. "All good things must come to an end." Klaus stated. Secret got up and walked out of the bar, not wanting to listen in on their conversation anymore. Instead she went out and found someone a couple alleyways down.

"Hello." She grinned at the girl, who was obviously drunk off her ass. "Hi." The girl responded, a grin on her face as she checked Secret out. "Why don't you follow me?" Secret compelled her as she took her hand. "I'll follow you." The girl responded. "Good girl." Secret smiled as she lead her down to the middle of the alleyway, pulling her in for a kiss by her waist. The girl pulled away to breath and Secret started placing kisses on her neck, her veins sprouting out under her eyes.

"You'll stay quiet for me, won't you?" The being disappeared as she pulled back, compelling the girl once again. The girl nodded and Secret pulled her in by the back of her neck for a short kiss. "Good." She moved the girl's red hair out of the way and started placing kisses on her neck until she found the spot she wanted. Secret sunk her face into the girl's neck, holding her against her body as the girl started to squirm. Secret pulled away after taking how much she wanted.

"Drink." She spoke after she bit her wrist and shoved it to her mouth. She pulled away after she saw the cut starting to heal up. "You did so well for me, didn't you?" The girl nodded as she stared at Secret in fear. "You won't remember this, you'll walk out of this alleyway and walk straight home." The girl nodded once again. Secret gave her one last kiss before she walked back to the bar, a satisfied smile on her lips.

Secret sat back down at the bar, right next to Klaus. "Story time's over." Klaus told Stefan, a glare on his face. Secret looked back after she felt a familiar presence. "Damon." She whispered, happy to see him, but mad he's risking his life on coming after them. "I need another drink. A real one." Stefan got and walked after Damon. "Uh, yeah, me too." Secret got up, but was pulled back down by Klaus.

"From what I've heard you already have." Secret smiled sarcastically as sat back down. "You missed my little fairytail." He stated as he poured them both a drink. "They were getting boring, and I'm never in them so why listen when I get no answers?" She hummed as she took a sip from her glass. "Too bad you missed this one, you were in it. One of the main characters." Secret stared at him as she gripped her glass.

"You're kidding." Klaus shook his head and she let hers fall onto the bar. "I hate you." She told him as she picked her head back up. "Ahh." Secret stared at Damon like he had two heads. "I see they've opened the doors to the riff raft now." Secret snorted at Klaus' choice of words, holding back he laugh. "Oh, honey? I've been called worse. Just ask Secret." He winked at her.

Klaus twirled the little umbrella in his hands as Secret looked in between the two with worry. "You don't give up, do you?" Klaus asked as Secret sat a hand on his arm as he refused to look at her, instead staring at her brother. "Give me my siblings back... you'll never see me again." Damon tried to compromise. "Well, I am torn." Klaus spoke.

"You see, I promised Secret I wouldn't let you die, but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly you want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here, so..." Secret frowned as she felt the anger flowing off Klaus. "Klaus plea-." She stopped talking when Klaus sent her a glare, pushing her hand off him. "What can I say? I'm a thrill seeker." Klaus smiled as he nodded his head a little bit, then quickly wrapped his hand around Damon's throat. "Klaus!" Secret yelled, moving to take his arm off, but he pushed her back down in her seat.

(Spelling checks=❌)