Chapter Eleven

No One's P.O.V

"So it's not Aztec at all?" Elijah shifted his weight onto his other foot as he looked down. "The curse of the sun and moon... is fake." He looked back up at Elena and Secret to see their reactions. Both girls looked at him shocked, not expecting that kind of information.

"It doesn't exist." He turned around and started walking over the small bridge. Both of the girls recovered from their shock and quickly followed after him. "What?" They asked at the same time out of reaction. They were walking around somewhere close to the mansion now. "Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back over a thousand years."

Elijah had one hand in his pocket , Secret had her hands clasped in front of her, out of habit, as they walked. "But if there is no curse-." Elena started but Elijah cut her off. "There is a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus." Secret and Elena only grew much more confused.

"What are you talking about?" Secret asked as she ran her hands down her face. One of their phones started ringing, annoying Secret. "Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. You were his only hope." He turned around to face them, eyes on Elena.

"What is this curse?" Secret grew more annoyed as the phone kept ringing. "Can someone answer the god damn phone?!" She yelled out at them, immediately catching their attention. Elijah sighed as he took out the phone and handed it to Elena. As soon as Elena accepted the call Secret sighed in relief, no longer having the noise bug her.

Secret saw a woman walk by with a dog, her eyes turning red as veins appeared under her eyes, her fangs sprouting out. Elijah was quick to notice this and snapped his fingers in front of her face, taking her out of her trace. Secret blinked a few times before nodding a thanks to him, to which he nodded back.

"What's wrong?" Elijah and Secret focused back in on their conversation. "No. No, no, no, no,no. Okay, I'll be right there." Elena quickly hung up before looking back up at Elijah. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her." Elijah's eyes slightly narrowed at Elena. "I'm afraid that wasn't apart of today's arrangement."

"She's my family, Elijah. I have to." Elena spoke strongly. "I'll be back. You have my word" She assured. "That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it." Elena sighed. "Thank you." Elijah looked over at Secret. "But she stays." Secret sighed as she nodded at a worried Elena. Elena quickly ran back to her car.

"You've been quiet most of the time you've been with us." Elijah commented as the found a bench nearby and sat down. "I only speak naturally around people I know won't kill me, Elijah." She rested her head on her palm as her elbow rested onto her leg. "I give you my word I won't harm you, you have done nothing to me."

Secret stared at him for a few seconds before sighing and leaning back against the bench. "I believe you. So you really want me to talk?" Elijah looked over at her with a small grin and nodded. A huge grin spread out onto Secret's face. "So, is Klaus hot?" Elijah eye's widened and he looked over at her like she had two heads.

~

Elena quickly ran into the living room of the Salvatore boarding house where a disturbed Jenna sat on the couch. "Oh, Jenna, thank god!" Elena spoke out as she reached to hug her out Jenna leaned back. "No." Elena looked at the floor before looking back at her. "I'm so sorry." She whispered to her aunt.

"I never meant for any of this to happen." Jenna ignored her apology. "When I was little, your mother used to tell me bedtime stories. Stories about vampires. I never thought that what she said could be true." Jenna looked up at Elena with fear. "It is true, Jenna." Elena nodded. "I should have told you."

Elena went and courage in front of Jenna. "I thought that is you didn't know, you'd be safe. But then things got so out of control and everything I had done to keep you out of it, it just blew up in my face." Elena started to tear up, but she didn't let the tears go past her eyes. "Who else knows?" Jenna asked seriously, her eyes brimmed red from crying.

Elena turned her head, not wanting to answer the question. Jenna leaned forward with frantic eyes. "Jermey?" Elena nodded slightly, earning a small nod from Jenna as she looked away from her. "John?" She asks, anger starting to show on her features as she looked back at Elena.

"We were just trying to protect you." Elena defended. "Protect me?" Jenna started tearing up again, but not because of fear or sadness, but because of betrayal and anger and many other emotions that coursed through her body. "I'm so sorry. I will tell you everything." Jenna shook her head.

"No, Elena... I'm the one who's suppose to be protecting you and Jermey." Jenna spoke, slightly disappointed in herself. "I know, but there's nothing that you could have done. There's so much more to it-." Jenna cut her off as she shook her head and looked down.

"No, this is- this is so." Jenna ran her fingers through her hair before looking up at the ceiling. "I don't know how-." She stuttered before Elena cut her off, once again. "It's, I know, hey." Elena tried to comfort her but Jenna turned her head to look at her with anger in her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Elena tried to form words but couldn't. Jenna's anger quickly turned into fear, her emotions running all over the place. "I'm scared." She whispered to her niece. "I know." Elena nodded a tad bit. "I know." She then moved onto the couch.

"I know. Hey." She took Jenna into her arms, trying her best to comfort the woman. "I'm sorry." She whispered to her aunt. "Jenna I am so, so sorry." Elena held her close as Jenna started crying again.