Chapter Fifty-Three

Third Person P.O.V

Secret woke up, she had spent the two days huddled up in the house, not wanting to leave the house. She sat on one of the chairs in the living room, her legs crossed as she held a book in front of her, a glass of warm blood on the table beside her. She grabbed the glass, taking a drink out of it as she had moved onto the next page.

Secret sighed as her phone dinged, her peaceful moment over. She looked at the text message from Elena.

Have you seen Jeremy?

Secret frowned, her eyebrows knitting together as she wondered what has happened now.

Can't say that I have, where are you? I'll come meet up.

Elena told her she was at the Grill, making Secret groan, she was hoping she was at her own home. She finished her drink, deciding not to change out of the plaid pajama shorts and camisole as she ran to the bar, phone in hand. Secret walked in, grateful she remembered to put shoes on. She instantly spotted Elena, Damon, and Alaric.

"I think he'll survive, Elena." Damon told her sarcastically. "He's spiraling. Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he's moody. He's not really talking to anyone." Secret rolled her eyes as she walked up to them. "Sounds like a typical teenager." She involved herself into the conversation, kissing Damon's cheek as a greeting.

"Who's seeing ghosts and who's lost everyone that he cares about." Elena pointed out, her arms crossed. "Now everyone. He still has you." Damon told her as he turned around to face the dart board again, throwing the dart. He walked up, grabbing the darts off the board. "You okay?" Secret asked as she raised an eyebrow at her brother.

"What makes you think I'm not okay?" Damon shot back, slightly defensive. "Well, you're a day drunk. It's not exactly your most attractive look." Elena agreed with Secret. "Oh. What is my most attractive look?" Damon asked flirtingly as he walked up to Elena. "Uh-uh. I'm not saying you have any attractive look. I'm just..." Elena trailed off.

"Saying this is her least favorite one, mine too." Secret finished the sentence for her. "Noted. See if I can make any improvements." Damon have a sarcastic smile. "Don't mind me." Secret jumped at the familiar voice, both her and Elena turning around to face Klaus. "The one day I come out." Secret mumbled to herself.

"Klaus." Secret and Damon moved to stand in front of Elena. "You going to do this in the grill, in front of everyone?" Damon asked as he slowly inched forwards, a protective stance over his sister and Elena. "It's a little beneath you, don't you think?" Damon asked. "I don't know what you're talking about." Klaus started walked towards him, making Secret pull Damon back some.

"I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a mate." Secret looked at the hybrid behind him. "Get a round, then, would you, Tony?" Klaus ordered as he looked back at the sired hybrid. "I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for Happy Hour." Secret swallowed the lump in her throat.

"My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out." Secret frowned. "What ever happened to Rebekah." The blonde had fled her mind for a bit, looking at her brother for an answer. "Cute, blonde bombshell? Psycho? Shouldn't be too hard to find." Damon wittily replied as he ignored his sister's question.

"Truth is, I've grown to rather like your little town." Secret placed herself in front of Damon as Klaus walked closer. "Thinking I might fancy a home here." If Secret's heart still beat, it would have been running a marathon. Klaus reached behind Secret, grabbing the darts out of Damon's hand.

"I imagine you're wondering how does this affect you. And the answer is, not in the slightest, except Secret." Klaus walked past them, making them all turn around. "As long as I get what I want, and everyone behaves themselves, you can go on living your little lives however you choose." He looked back at Elena and Damon.

"You have my word." Secret pulled Elena closer, wanting protect the one her brothers love. "What more could you possibly want?" Elena asked, her heart feeling their ears. "Well, for starters, you can tell me where I might find Stefan." Klaus leaned in on Elena, Secret placing her hand on his chest to stop him from getting any closer.

"Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass." Damon intervened, moving to stand next to his sister. "Well, you see, that is a shame." Klaus turned around, throwing a dart, which landed right in the middle of the board. Secret couldn't lie, that was incredibly hot. "Your brother stole from me." Klaus stated as he looked back at them.

"I need him found so I can take back what's mine." Klaus demanded. "That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem." Secret spoke up, her hands now on Elena and Damon protectively. Klaus started walking closer to Secret, but Damon moved so he blocked his path threateningly.

"Well, this is me broadening the scope, little bird." Secret glared as she pulled Damon back. "Day, why don't you take Elena back to her house, try finding out where Stefan is." Secret kept her wary eyes on Klaus as he smirked. "And what will you do?" Klaus pulled Secret close, holding her into his side.

"She'll join me and my friend for some drinks." The hybrid sat down at the bar on their left, the drinks sitting their with him. "Just go, I can hold up my own." Secret assured him as she saw Damon's hesitant look. "Text me if you find anything." Damon nodded before walking out of The Grill with Elena.

"Hands off." Secret pushed Klaus's hand off her waist, going over and sitting next to the hybrid, grabbing one of the glasses of alcohol, blonde involved in the mixture. "And here I thought you had finally accepted your feelings for me." Klaus sat down next to her. "I was under the impression you were going to die." She excused her behavior.

"And what? That kiss was a goodbye?" Klaus asked. "Yes, it's as simple as that." Secret gritted her teeth. "And that's why you've been avoiding me the last two days?" Secret's grip on the glass tightened. "I simply wanted time inside the house, nothing on that decision had to do with you." She lied.

"I always know when you're lying, Secret." He practically sang out as he picked up his own glass. "Oh eat a dick, you hybrid bitch." She snapped at him, breaking the glass and shoving a large shard into his hand. The hybrid quickly grabbed her, his hand wrapped around her throat. The bartender hurried over as Klaus pulled the shard out of his hand.

"You didn't see anything, go back to work." Klaus compelled her as Secret broke the hybrid's arm, causing him to pull away. No one had noticed yet, considering how loud it was in there today. "Sit back down, Secret. Secret turned around to face Klaus, her arms crossed. "What if I don't want to? Hm? What will you do?" Klaus stood up, staring her straight in the eyes.

"Sit. Down." Secret glared as she held his gaze. She let out a breath of annoyance as she sat back down, downing her drink in one go. "Now, I'm willing to forgive you for your part in that silly little plan." Klaus twirled her seat over to face him, resting his hands on her thighs. "Oh are you now?" She scoffed.

"Clearly you have feelings for me, even if you are avoiding them again." Klaus stated. "Tell me, what was it like while I was gone? When they used you? When Stefan constantly provoked you? Or how about when you were forced to help everyone, besides them never doing anything for you." Secret's nails dug into her skin as her glare was as hot as fire.