Chapter Thirteen

No One's P.O.V.

"A hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf or vampire." Elijah started talking again after a few minutes of silence. "Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power." Elijah walked around the room with his hands in his pockets. Elena was still in shock, but she kept listening silently.

"Therefore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side would become dormant." He stopped walking and stood in the doorway, turning to face Elena. "That's the curse that Klaus wants to break?" Elena asked, trying to understand better.

"He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If allowed, Klaus would sure his own bloodline. He'd build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, but everyone." Elijah explained as Elena stood up, getting a bit overwhelmed from her emotions, but she pushed that aside, not wanting to deal with that right now.

"But you helped him." She accused lightly. "I helped him because I loved him. That's changed, now he must die." Elena walked towards him. "We have the dagger now. We can stop him." She spoke confidently. "When a werewolf is wounded by silver, it heals. An original can't be killed by anything but white oak ash on a silver dagger." Elijah started to explain to Elena.

"So you see the conundrum. The dagger does not work" He concluded. "What, are you saying that Klaus can't be killed?" Elena asked with fear and nervousness evident in her voice, body language, and eyes. "There's one way to kill and supernatural species... at the hands of the servants of nature themselves." Elijah looked at her.

"A witch. If they can channel enough power." Elena spoke with realization. Elena sighed as she looked down. "But it would kill them." She leaned against the doorway to the room while Elijah stood on the other side of the doorway. "The curse must be during the full moon. When Klaus is in transition. That's when he'll be at his most vulnerable."

Elijah walked closer to her, still leaving enough personal space. "A witch with enough power... can kill Klaus." Elijah spike with confidence and knowledge. Elena looked down at the floor before looking back up at him again. "What if I told you that I knew a witch that could channel that much power?"

Elijah didn't hesitate to answer right after. "Then I would tell you there's one thing that you should know." Elijah recited one of his memories, telling it to Elena. Secret rolled over in her sleep, her face now facing the cushions as she held onto the blanket Elijah laid on her earlier.

"You found a way to save the life of the doppelgänger?" Elena asked in surprise. "Yes, Elena. I did." He stopped back from Elena. "But unfortunately, Katerina took matters into her own hands first." He walked over and grabbed Elena's jacket, handing it to her.

"I believe you already know how that played out." Elena looked up at him, not taking her jacket yet. "You cared about her, didn't you?" Elijah looked over at her as she took her jacket. "It's a common mistake, I'm told. And it's one I won't make again." He stared at her for a few more seconds before walking over to the couch.

He reached down and picked up the sleeping body of Secret Salvatore. She mumbled incoherent words in her sleep as Elijah turned around. "Let's get going." Elena nodded and walked to the front door, opening it for Elijah as he carried Secret out to the car and put her into the backseat. Elena closed the door and walked out to the car, Elijah already in the passenger seat.

~

Elijah carries Secret into the house, Elena closing the door after she invited him inside. Elena quickly ran to the commotion, Elijah walking behind her so he wouldn't wake the sleeping vampire up. "Stop!!" She yelled out to Damon and Stefan. "Hm?" Secret's eyes opened halfway due to the yelling.

Both of the brothers let go of each other and turned to face the three. "Now you've invited him in?" Secret yawned as she tapped Elijah to let her down. Elijah quickly let the girl onto her feet as Elena spoke to the brothers. "Elijah and I have renewed the terms to our deal." Elena spoke while Secret stretched out her limbs.

"Really?" Damon asked sarcastically. "The three of you will come to no harm at my hands." He spoke to Secret, Damon, and Stefan. "What are we talking about?" She asked tiredly as she walked over to Damon, leaning onto him and counting it as a hug. Damon wrapped an arm around her shoulders to help keep her up, but they all ignored her question.

Elijah walked forward as he looked in between Stefan and Damon. "I only ask for one thing in return from the two of you." He spoke to only Stefan and Damon now. "What?" Damon asks as he narrows his eyes at the original. "An apology." Damon looked at him like he was stupid.

"A what?" Stefan and Damon looked at each other, Secret slowly falling back to sleep. Stefan stepped forwards and looked up at Elijah as he stood below him, Elijah standing up on the small balcony that had the stairs leading down to the floor the three siblings were on. "I'm sorry for the part I played in your death." Stefan began.

"I was protecting Elena. I will always protect Elena." Damon slightly glared at Stefan as he tightened his hold on Secret, making sure she doesn't fall flat onto her face. "I understand." Elijah responded while looking down at Stefan. Everyone's attention turned to Damon who now held a fully asleep Secret in his arms.

"The sacrifice is going to happen, Damon." Elena spoke. "Bonnie will be able to kill Klaus without hurting herself and Elijah knows how to save my life. I told you I'd find another way. And I did." Elena tried reassuring him with her words. "Is that true?" Damon asked as Stefan walked over and took his older sister into his arms.

"It is." Elijah replied. Stefan glances between all of them before using his speed to go to Secret's room. He gently sat her down on her bed and pulled the covers over her. Stefan smiled and kissed her forehead, remembering when the roles use to be switched around when they were little. "Goodnight sis." He whispered before going back downstairs.

Maddox and Greta kneeled in the middle of a circle of lit white candles, chanting in Latin. Klaus, in Alaric's body, stood a little ways outside of the circle, eyes closed while looking down. The flames on the candles got higher as Greta and Maddox stopped chanting and looked up at Klaus expectantly.

Alaric gasped as he looked up at the ceiling before looking around in confusion. He breathed heavily as his eyes darted everywhere, finally settling on Kathrine. "Elena?" Only a few seconds later he passed out, falling to the floor, his body colliding with the ground and making a loud "thump" noise.

Maddox got up and walked over to the box/coffin, that had all of the locks already undone, and opened it. Everyone stared at the man inside of the box. While Maddox and Greta greeted him with a smile, Katherine greeted him with a fearful face.

A, very handsome, man stepped out of the coffin/box. The man had dirty blonde curly hair, a sharp jawline, and captivating blue eyes. This man looked like an Angel, but you couldn't be more wrong. This man is the devil himself. This man is Klaus Mikaelson, the original hybrid.

"Now that's more like it." He smirked as he spoke, his voice laced with a natural British accent.