Chapter Fourty-Eight

No One's P.O.V.

"Quit fighting me, Stefan, I know you're in there." Lexi leaned her head next to him before she stood up straight. "Not anymore, Lexi." Elena ran into the cell. "You know you say that every time? Until I make you feel again." Secret shoved the metal into his stomach, Lexi leaning right next to her. "You wasted your whole life taking care of me, now you're dead and still have nothing better to do."

Secret pulled it out as Elena walked over to them. "We're running out of time." Elena rushed out, making Lexi turn back to face her. "You got to get me more." She demanded, knowing that he was nowhere near ready yet. "I can't!" Lexi shook her head as she walked closer, looking back at Stefan then looking back at Elena.

"Not until I break through." She denied, starting to worry. "I can't, Lex, they have the necklace, they're going to close the door." Lexi looked down. "The necklace." Lexi knelt down in front of Stefan, Secret moving out of the way. "The necklace, at least tell me how you felt about that." She pleaded, knowing her time was short.

"You found it during your darkest time, and you said when you made it through, that necklace represented hope." Tears feel down Stefan's cheeks. "Ironic that it's about to be blown to pieces." Elena shook her head. "Let me try." Secret moved and knelt in front of Stefan. "Remember when we were all playing hide and seek? You chose to hide in dad's office, like you always do, which is a dick move.

But, this time dad caught you, and you were in so much trouble. I waltzed in and took the blame, saying that I had told you to do it. What did you feel? Having to get to be spared from dad's rage?" Stefan stared Secret down. "I felt that you were stupid and gladly escaped, better you than me." Secret's grip on the metal dented it as she held back her anger.

———————————————————————————

Lexi stood up as she stared at the ceiling. "Shit.." Secret realized the look on her face, noticing that they were out of time. "He's still in there, Elena, you just have to break through." Secret stood up, pulling Lexi in for a hug. "It's okay, Lexi, I know what to do now, you can be free." Secret pulled back. "Help them, Secret, do it for me. I'll miss you, but I know he's in good hands." She kissed Secret's cheek right as she disappeared.

Secret stared at the space before her, a single tear gliding down her cheek. Secret turned around, looking down at Stefan. "Guess I'm in charge now." She wiped it away, smiling down at Stefan. "Let's continue this tomorrow, let it sink in for him that Lexi is gone once and for all." She leaned in closer to Stefan with every word. "She's never coming back, and she didn't even say a goodbye to you." She whispered, trying to strike up any feeling.

Stefan quickly moved forward to try to grab her, but he couldn't lift his hands. "That's what we want to see." Secret patted his cheek before she walked out of the cell, Elena closing it behind them.

———————————————————————————

Secret walked behind Alaric. "So the Lockwoods really have no idea that these tunnels are underneath their property?" Elena asked Alaric as she walked behind Secret. "Yeah. Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light." He warned her after seeing her light go everywhere. Elena stopped walking, fear coming through her voice.

"Wait, what?" Damon stood behind Elena, whispering her name. Elena gasped and turned around as Damon let out a "boo". Elena hit his arm after she realized that it was him and not an actual threat. "God, Damon." Secret and Alaric kept walking. "Scaredy-cat." Damon teased with a smirk. "Just ignore him. That's what I do." Alaric told Elena, sending a glare to Damon.

"So you really can't get in?" Elena asked, making sure he wasn't lying. "No. It seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire." Damon walked past Elena, stopping where Secret was, seeing as they couldn't go past. "What do you mean ancient?" Elena asked as she turned around and followed him. "See for yourself." Elena walked back to where they stood. "Well, this is as far as we get to go." Damon told her as Alaric and Elena walked in.

Secret held her hand up and tried to push through, but to no avail. Secret leaned against the barrier, her eyes closed as she crossed her arms, ignoring their conversation as she thought over ways to bring back Stefan's humanity and keep her own while doing so. "Yeah. It's the Lockwood diaries, Pictionary style." Secret snorted, she was starting to get over her being mad at Damon, he is family after all.

"I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the original founders in the 1860s." Alaric sat his bag down next to his feet. "Ah, maybe the Lockwoods did, but according to this wall, these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that." Alaric skimmed over the drawings again. "How long?" She asked him, but Damon cut in. "Long. Gets better. Show her, Ric." Secret frowned as she looked at Damon in question.

"Names, and they're not native. They're written in runic, a Viking script." Secret stood up straight. "Vikings? Like the original family?" She turned around, but Alaric didn't answer her. "This name here, when translated, it reads... Niklaus." Secret groaned as she let her body lean against Damon. "We're never getting a vacation." She complained as she let her shoulders slump.

"Klaus." Elena whispered. "And Elijah... and Rebekah." Alaric shined his light on the different names. "These are the names of the original family?" Secret rolled her eyes at Elena's stupid question. "No, they're the Teletubbies." Damon chuckled at her joke while Alaric and Elena ignored them. "Carved into a cave that's, that's been here since way before the found of Mystic Falls or even the entire new world, for that matter." Alaric explained to them.

"Ok, this has gotta be one of Klaus' fakes." Elena denied. "History is never true, Elena, I thought we learned this with the curse." Secret playfully shot back at her, receiving a small shove from Damon. "That could be true, except the last name up here made us think otherwise." Elena waited expectantly for Alaric to tell her as he gazed at it.

"What's the name?" Alaric turned off his light and turned back to face her. "Mikael." Secret's eyes widened as she pressed against the barrier, trying to see. "Mikael, as in the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?" She quickly asked, impatient for an answer. "Yep. And I like to call him Papa Original." Damon told her while Secret's mind raced with two different thoughts.

"Are they going to kill Klaus?"

"Why am I worried that they will?"