Chapter 5: Poison Gas

The two were unable to say something as Brook hug you.

"(Y/n)!!",Brook said to you. "You are alive!",he said pure of joy.

"Brook-san! Still dead, i see",You joke...

"Skull joke!",you both said and laugh. You look at the other two..."hmmm?"

***

Zoro remembered how Perona will urge him to train. "She is dead! You have to man up anf move on!",she told him.

'dead...',that word linger on his tongue...just like Kuina...

He is too weak...He just met you...but something in him wants to protect you. He never had this urge...A totally different than how he wants to keep Luffy alive to see the end of his dream.

so the news of (y/n) is so surreal...just the other day she was smiling and laughing along with the crew.

Who knew that will be the last?

He cannot accept it...He will not accept it. Her body is still not found...He cling to that hope that maybe somewhere she was safe...

And seeing her...like nothing even happen. Like she was not even the cause of his longing. That she is alive and well.

"(y/n)"

***

He swore to himself that he will protect all the ladies. He SWORE under his name that he will keep them safe.

So how? Why? How did he let this happen? A girl who he swore to protect, to keep, and to hold is in the news and said she was dead.

He cannot take it in. He will not swallow it in. Maybe if he was strong enough that time, he would be there...not just for his captain but also for her.

he is ashame that out of all the crews that should be there with their captain it has to be her.

Sanji never meant it that she is weak...far from that actually. He saw her as a strong willed lady. But shame on him...she has to take his place to be on their captain's side.

So the news of her dying...makes him hurl...makes him want to just kill himself. Why? Why does she need to die?

he cannot take it...HE WILL NOT TAKE IT. he refused to accept it.

They never found her body...so she is safe. That is what he kept on saying.

And he cannot believe it...how you stood before him. With that smile...those innocent smile.

"(y/n)"

***

"oomf",you huffed as you were caught off guard as Zoro and Sanji hugged you.

"Zoro...-san?....Sanji...-san?",you tried to tap them...since their hug will crush you....not literally though.

The two then thought...'Why is she calling me in a formal way?".

But it seems their thought was cut short since thet somehow notice they are in. A group hug..

"oy Marimo! Stop crushing, (y/n)-chwan!",Sanji said.

"me?! It is you who is crushing her! With that witch's body you will crush her!",both still not planning to let you go.

"What did you just call Nami-swan?!",Sanji latch on to the swordsman.

So you back away and look at Kinemon. "Still cannot find your torso?",you cocked your head.

"Indeed...but all I am feeling is water around it making me unable to move",he said.