Chapter 31: Farewell

"Dogtooth...", Jinbei called. "You better get some rest...I will take it from here"

"No, I will stay", Katakuri refused. He heard that Jinbei was the one who always take care of you in the three days that you were out.

The fishman noticed his longing look. "She means a lot to you...", He said.

"Yes, more than anyone. Sadly, I need to prioritize my family first", Katakuri said.

"All of your siblings are all abled people. Even strong enough to protect their selves"

"But not to Mama, You know how she treated us...We both know that"

"You are a good man, Dogtooth. We just ended up in a different circumstances", Jinbei said.

"Maybe...If I won that fight. She doesn't need to sacrifice herself. Why did she do that? She has no right to do so", Katakuri said.

"For her, Even if she is frightened...she will face death head on. She will wake up, Dogtooth"

"I don't know what will happen if...she doesn't wake up...I might...might just..."

"She will...she never sacrificed anything if she knows her death is set...", Jinbei assured. "I will take it from here..."

***

Its been two days now since Katakuri finally regain consciousness, as for you...still no signs of Waking up.

Various of Doctors were called out. But none can say what is happening, all they said is that, you were in a deep sleep.

Day by day, Katakuri looks worst. He has been monitoring you all day. Waitiing for you, "Please wake up..."

He will say that, pleading that you will hear it, and wake up.

crouched over and giving the side of your head a kiss. "Please...I cannot lose you like this...", he is begging.

***

'I cursed a certain family'

'I regret that...'

'I want to undo my curse...'

'But curses were never broken...'

'So instead...I...'

'Rewrite those curse'

***

You woke up, its the middle of the night. Heavily panting, sweating as if you made a long kilometer run.

Starting to cup your body. "I am alright...Mama took a thousand year...and I am alright...how is that possible?"

'the personified hatred of the sea'

Piecing the tidbits information, (v/n) gave to you. "As long as the sea is enraged...I will live...", you laughed. You suddenly see a girl. This isn't you, nor (v/n), though her eyes are full of sorrow as she is pulling her hair. Sobbing, 'I just want to die...Let me at least grieve'. You can tell this is just an illusion.

Your mind playing tricks...yeah...just your mind playing tricks.

"Why...why?!", You shouted. Your shout rung the whole Chateau. Heavy footsteps were heard, until the door opened. The lights lit up, to see Katakuri. He was not wearing his scarf as he normally did, he looks worst than he is...black bags under his eyes, he is relatively thin even though he still have that sculpted body of his.

"(y/n)...", he trailed.

"Katakuri... you're alright", You said. But he...suddenly hugged you.

"I thought, I will lose you"