Chapter 13: Flee

The smell of coliseum with the hint of water can be smell when you were suddenly warped in. You look around and saw black and white, you were on your knees with a familiar fruit on your lap with a small bite on it.

"kurai…kurai…",you cried silently. As you remembered the certain kid.

"Don't cry over spilt milk…",you heard someone talked. Looking up, to saw…you…no this is not you.

"(v/n)",you said. She looks exactly like you, the only difference this time is how her eyes are in the darker shade.

"Tell me…",she spoked again. "what did you see?",she asked.

"I am sorry…",you apologized. "If I am stronger…maybe it didn't turn out like that"

"What you saw was just a mere memory, even if you altered that…you are generations late",she said.

You look at your lap again,"why did you send me there then?"

"to convince you…to let you know what my real reason is",she squatted on your level. "So you will know how desperate, I am to take what is mine"

"We can change this….you know, we can",you cried to her. You look at her eyes, it is full of hatred, full of agony…

She laughed, "kukukuku.…nothing in this world can change what is written, like how people can never break what is already broken…say…(y/n), have you seen the darkness of the sea?"

You look at her, fear can be morphed in you face as you shook your head. "No"

"you did…it is us, we are the sea…the darkness of the sea. The personified hatred of the sea, that is what we are…they",she pointed at the people behind her while looking at you. "They are hated by the sea…they were never thankful…they took advantage of it. Didn't you already feel it? The rage? When kinemon talked about this…kanjurou?….or that marine admiral who spoke of overwhelming warlocks with haki?"

You covered your ears as you plead her to stop. To stop what she is saying…one wrong move and she will take over…

"stop this….please, I won't give in to you",you said.

"I know for a fact you will not be convinced…but",you look at her she now stood up and have a good look around. "I'll wait for you to just give in…I know you will, and I will be sitting at the front row seats…I cannot wait",she smiled sadistically.

Her eyes dropped in your lap,"I already cut my ties with homura…I will give no care about it anymore…treasure or not…it will just drag me down…".

"I thought eating a devil's fruit will allow me to be immune to haki…turns out, we can't",she added.

"why me? Out of all the people you could be stuck with…why me?",you asked.

"the sea…promised me a vessel…that will allow me to be immune to haki…to eliminate these….devils…."

"I AM NOT YOUR VESSEL!",You screamed.

"are you really? Think about it…you just came out of nowhere in the middle of the sea…necromance magi was emitted by your body…what else are you, if not my vessel?!",she said. "You are mine to begin with! You were chosen to be mine!"

"get out of here…I am not your vessel, never was…never will",you said.

"My offer still stand…you know where to call me",she informed you. Suddenly disappearing, you cried as you know what they have been through. They were just children, Maybe...if you were here earlier maybe you could've done something else.

"How can I drag someone out of the darkness...if that darkness is what makes her someone",you stood up. Gun on your hand, and on the other is a fruit.