Chapter 57: Price for everything

"and you know, it never occured to me how fucked up my life was until now", she then started. "The only good thing that happen to me is Pier, Homura and Ashnah. All have this bullshit going on"

"So you resorted to killing people?", You asked.

"Ah...", She stopped. "I didn't kill innocent people though"

"What?"

"You see, Wano is full of bastards", she said. "As well as some islands. It's so many, you think it's the whole island infested with bastards"

"They charged at me, sometimes I do consider for them to live but they will try to kill me behind my back", she said. "But maybe I am just saving myself, plus, Ashnah said that I should spare good people. Because of that I can see the color of their hearts"

"Oh?"

"Yeah, and you know. If you stick with the Kids pirates, I think you are in good hands", she laughed.

"W-why?"

"Dude, I see them all and you don't even have good cards in your hand. And those overly buff dudes actually have good intentions", she said. "But you know, you shouldn't stay much with boys. They are nasty anyway"

"But, Mr. Ashnah is a boy"

"My boy Ashnah is build different", she said.

You look at her proud face as you just sigh. Getting up, "fine fine"

"But I need to change", you said. "What's with the ridiculous thick clothing choices earlier though?"

"All those perverts think they will see you in those whore suits. So I gave them something opposite", she grin for you to see her canines out.

"Let me look at Nami's clothes, maybe we can..."

"Nay", she said coating you with shadow. "We work together now, so I'll handle all your things from here on out. You just need to take all the credit that I will do"

"How different are you from them now?", You asked.

"You silly little thing, thinking I'll cage you. By what I mean by handling you, I'll make you strong", she said. "You are strong in the wrong things in these past couple of chapters, and I give you that. You don't know basics and those in the island wasn't able to give you real things"

"So expect great things from this ol' villain, yeah?"

***

You enter the gates one more time. "You know, if we stick in longer. We might see Marco", you said.

"Did you say Marco, Lass?", Xebec suddenly sprung up. "That little boy that Edward took with him?"

"You know him?"

"Not exactly", Xebec. "He must've grown to be a man Edward want him to be"

"A good man?"

"A great pirate"

"It would've been better if it's a 'good man'", (V/n) said.

"Zehahahah! How will pirates raise someone to be a good man? We are raising great pirates!", He laughed. "But then again, Edward is a much better than I ever was. I put my kid in the box and die on the spot"

"Oh wow", you said. "You seemed to be proud of it"

"My kid turned into a great pirate isn't he?"

"Who is your kid again? Was it teach?", You asked.

"What did I heard Roger named him? Ahhh...Shanks"

"Ah", frozen in place as the two stopped. "Ey, we can't walk further if you stopped walking", (V/n) said.