Chapter 34: Dead man's Regret

Nekomamushi sniff something in the air...He is in the middle of walking in the old road of Sphinx.

"Myyyyooo mmeerrr", The weird creature jiggled again. Nekomamushi should be the only one walking down this road, but the creature is hell bend in following him.

Good thing not to the point of going to the bathroom.

"You alright weird creature?", Nekomamushi look over Suraimu.

You thought of making a sneak attack on the big cat. But unfortunately, he see through your move, even effectively dodge it.

"Nyahahahah! What a splendid move, right there, Miss Warlock!", Nekomamushi said.

"Well...not as splendid since you dodge", you sigh.

"If I didn't, I might have lost a leg like that dog", He said. "But...why are you here? I thought Luffy and the others will save you from Big mom"

"They did! But I needed some enough time to wander around", You said.

"NYAHAHAHHA! I bet they are angry! Back at Zou, the green hair and the other pirate captain is fuming mad, and want to join Luffy", he said.

"Zoro and Law?", You asked.

"Yes! But the others effectively stopped them. Boy it was a mess", he said.

"I-i see...", You sweat.

'Law and Zoro? Wanted to go to whole cake? I thought they are fine going first in Wano?', You shook your head.

"Did Suraimu here give you a hard time?", You asked petting you subordinate. The said creature 'purred' by that it mean... "Grrrrbbbbrrr"

"Not exactly, But he did always follow me...everywhere", he said.

"I ordered him to follow you, since you may take a detour", You said. "Guess I am right"

'Of course, I know you will be going to Sphinx...because of the Series'

"I am just here to gather Allies! We need all the help we could find. Gladly, I know someone who may lend us a hand", He said. "The others must have filled you in, in regards of  what will take place in the later days"

'They don't...but I have a grasped of what will happen anyway'

***

"Marco! Where should I take this patch of Grass?", Your body gone froze when you heard a familiar voice.

"Just put it where the cows can gnaw-yoi"

You walk began sped up, "No, not that grass! that one is for pick up!"

"BUT BOTH ARE GRASS ANYWAY!", you heard again. Until you sped up to where it is coming from.

Both men has their backs turn, 'No marks...no burst up chest...he is alive'

"A-ace...", You said softly...

'Thanks for loving me', Those words in the series broke all of the fans' hearts.

How Luffy cried over his brother's death...

Ace still has the tattoo of Whitebeard's jolly roger in his back. His hat hanging effortlessly in one of the fences, instead of his grave.

"Marco! Ace!", You did not even notice Nekomamushi already behind you. The two look at the big cat, but soon their eyes fell on you.

"(y/n)-chan!", Marco greeted.

"I am here too", Nekomamushi said.

"you too, Nekomamushi", he said.

"That sounded like an after thought", The mink said.