Chapter 40: Remorse

'I don't have to dwell so much on defeating him...Zoro would do that for me', you thought remembering the epic battle of Zoro and King.

'What I just need is to have enough time to--'

"Gahhhh", you suddenly tasted blood as a punch came on your stomach.

"You seems to be distracted", King said.

Backing away, you took off the mask.

King only look at the demonic form you are taking. Black ink, covering half of your face, red eye..."You really are a devil"

"Devil...Demon...I do not care...", you said. "So get out of my way, King"

"You are not stepping any closer to that person", King said.

***

You don't know why...but everytime you are in this form. You cannot do teleportation like you used to.

It is like...you cannot have both. "What are you fighting for? Go now! Leave this man be!", you heard Yasuie said. "You will not gain anything!"

"You should listen to the elderly, Devil...At least he knows how to make your life longer"

You have burn to much energy in your body, because of this form. You started to feel heavy and breathless.

The sword that he has, and his hand in hand combat. Kneeling in one foot, "Just when I thought it will be interesting", you heard him said.

"This...this isn't over yet...", trying to get up. The familiar slash again. Coughing out blood, and ending you up back in to a tree.

King walked towards you, suddenly stepped on your wound, making wince and gasped. "T-take...off...y-your...f-f-foot", you said.

"You've grown weak...this isn't even the fight, I am expecting from you", he said. "You pathetic..."

"Gahhh!"

"Worthless"

"Aghhh"

"BEING!", the last step he took. You finally lost consciousness.

***

King will pick you up, when a beast pirate came in. "King-sama, Kaido-sama is calling you urgently"

He look at the corpse he is holding by foot.

"Take this...thing and throw it in that alley way", King ordered.

"We are not going to put her in jail?"

"What for? That thing is not even breathing...and quit on calling it a 'she'...", King said with pure scorn. The beast pirate just nod and throw your lifeless body in the dark alley way near the trash.

Not even noting it is nearby a very familiar soba stan.

***

You don't know why...but everytime...every freaking time you passed out. You are hoping there is no dream to come, that there is no memory that will come.

But this time...you just want to ask why...why in the hell world...is the pirate king standing in front of you, noting that he is still a child. A smile etched on his face, looking at you proudly, with a couple of bandages on his face, and dirt around his body and clothes.

He is telling some kind of story, but you didn't hear any. You are just staring at his face.

Did (v/n) has some kind of connection to the pirate king? Or...she is the reason why he became the pirate king?