Chapter 36: Myth in the old days

Luffy was caught and has been in prison after a few days of being in Wano.

The work was not tough, but what bugs his mind every now and then is a girl.

While sleeping soundly... he was gently woken up by some fingers stroking his hair. The usual hard rock, he used as pillow were now soft.

The person that was caressing his hair was humming a song, a melancholic one at that.

'Through the darkest of days, you were always by my side...'

'No matter what I would say, you would abide'

'Constantly, I let my selfishness take control of me'

'and cause you a life full of grief...'

(a/n: Lyrics from Regret message of Rin kagamine)

He did not understand the words the person is singing...all he knows...'(y/n)...'

Opening his eyes to see a fox mask, staring at him. No words escaped his mouth, instead he smiled.

"You...came", he said. The person flinch when he reach his fan on the other's face. "I missed you", Luffy said dreamily and smiled warmly.

The other person began to panic and will leave but Luffy hugged the person by the waist. "Don't run away...Please. I have tolerated enough", he pouted.

The masked person stopped struggling. He heard a sigh, came from the person. Even Luffy has no sign of going to let go. Deciding to just went on with it.

The person, sleep next to him. "Even in the Sunny, I never thought there will be a time we can sleep together...", he said. The comfortable feeling...became like a distant dream, when the morning came.

Luffy look at the space where he hugged the figure smaller than him. The warm body, he felt... Was all gone by the next day.

"Was it...a dream?"

***

You cannot fight the blush creeping in your face as you modulate your breathing pattern. Cannot even sleep a wink last night, since luffy kept on muttering words that will make you blush.

Such as, 'I love you' 'I missed you'...

"Wait wait! I have no time to act like this!!", you told yourself.

"KEEP YOURSELF TOGETHER! I am even blushing!!"

A certain red hair samurai suddenly popped out of your mind, making your mood turned sour.

"but dealing with Kanjuurou...", you take your time to grumble...

***

Few days ago...

"Jaakuna Sonzai? Never heard of a tree like this", you said. When you touch the trunk of the tree.

'Hang her! Burn her body to cinder!'

'Burn me?! Hang me?! YOU CANNOT KILL THIS BODY WITHOUT THAT PERSON!'

"Why are you leaving clues about who you are? Can't you just tell me in one go? I having a hard time thinking if you are good or not!", you grumble as if talking to the person inside of you.

Deciding to just stick around for much longer. The night time came, and you meet Killer.

You know it was killer from how he peculiarly laughs, and his built really stood out like a sore thumb in the dark night.

Treating him is necessary for future actions that will take place. Though the need to have your face covered is not part of the plan, you just impulsively wear a mask that the first thing you thought.