Chapter 49: Bait

(V/n) only holds Ashnah's hand while the male is fighting for his life. The torture took toll on his body, resulting in many fractured bones. There might even be some broken bones that cannot be healed the same.

Kissing his knuckles and waiting for his eyes to open. " Wake up ", she said.

All The town's people scorn her. They want her out of the island and never return. Yet she stayed ... She will leave, when she knows Ashnah is safe.

"You really do love him, don't you? ", Someone said. She looked to her back and saw a village girl. A normal girl...if she remembered this was Ashnah's childhood friend. " I will leave...don't worry ", she said.

"The mayor...said you need to get out of this island ", she said.

"I will leave...don't worry ", she repeated.

"Y - you caused ... Tons of our  people are dead . YOU TORTURE MY WORLD! " , She said, making the girl look shocked. " If you didn't hurt him ... This wouldn't happen"

"T-the' D' clan...the' D' clan..." , She said.

"How did you know their names ", (V / n) asked.

"They ... they are the ones who told us...Ashnah...tried to protect you ... CAN'T YOU SEE...IF ASHNAH DIDN'T MET YO--" (V/N) covered her ears. She doesn't want to hear it ... She knows it ... She definitely knows it. " Why can't everyone see my own sacrifices...", she cried.

"I sacrificed it all ... My freedom ... my sense of reasoning ... At the end of the day, I am still the villain in the story"

"No matter...how much I change...no matter how much I try to subside ... EVERYONE STILL BLAME ME THINGS I DON'T EVEN WANT TO DO! ", she yelled. Grabbing the girl in the shoulder, " I am not the hero in this story ... but I don't want to be the villain either"

Her smile looks broken ... "...you are right ", she said. " If Ashnah had never met me...this wouldn't happen ... this...all this ... If I just let them kill me ... This wouldn't happen"

Now the girl looks shocked. " So...don't blame me for this ", dark matter covered her and the girl.

***

"Trista? " Shah looked at the girl. Trista is his childhood friend turned lover.

"Ashnah?", Trista looked at him.

"What's wrong?", Ashnah tried to get up only for Trista to stop him.

"C .. Can...you tell me .. what do you remember? ", Trista.

"I...was detained by the marines...since they thought I had a villain as a lover", Ashnah said. " But that is not true"

'(V/N) DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!?'

"I do not even know why I was accused in the first place ... I repeatedly tell them that you are my lover"

'I LOVE HER...THAT WON'T CHANGE'

" ... Trista? Why are you crying? ", Hannah asked.

Trista sobbed as she knew why Ashnah is acting like this. Last night, (v/n) rewritten his memories. She took every last one of them and replaced them with Trista.

Trista did love Ashnah...she always have been. " Trista, stop crying", Ashnah looked at her lovingly. Something Trista never sees Ashnah do when looking at her.

The pain she is feeling ... "I love you, Ashnah", as she touched his cheeks. Ashnah blushed, "I love you too"

(V/n) is outside the room, tears running down her eyes as she listened to Ashnah's loving words she used to hear.