Chapter 47: Found

"You found my garden!", Ashnah said to (V/n) as he held a bunch of flowers close to him.

He smiles like a morning sunshine her dark night. He might even be the moon as well shining at a peaceful lake.

"Bright...", is the word she can only say.

It has been weeks now since she came in this place. Many Celestial Dragons have said their concerns to the kind King.

(V/n) can only doubt the King's kindness. Since she doesn't believe humans have the concept of kindness. They only have greed and malice on their veins.

But...something odd happen. Maybe like how moths are attracted to light. She as well...is attracted to his 'light'.

She kept on finding herself in his garden. Even listen when the king talked about the humble gardener.

When he..."wait...", Ashnah tried to touch her but she took her hand.

"Don't...", Hostility can be seen in her tone. "Touch...me", she said.

'I cannot taint that pure light with darkness', her feelings for this man is different the day she first seen him.

"Then...", He held out a white trumpet like flower. It is too little by his hand. "I recently tried to grow moonflower...and I want you to have it first", he said. She did not understand why this man is giving him flowers... nor the fact he is bright red.

She reach out for the flower before it can even touch her fingertips, it wither and die.

Ashnah saw how you look at the now withered flower with sadness. "A-ah...i-it's okay...I have more flowers", he said.

She look at him..."don't give me flowers that will die", she said.

***

"We are expecting, (V/n)", the king told her with a smile.

"The Queen must be ecstatic about it", she said. Her eyes once again settled to the flowered vase on the dining table.

"Is...Ashnah to your liking?", The king asked.

"What is...Liking?", she asked looking at him. Her dark (e/c) eyes look straight at him.

"Liking...ahh...it is varies on people. But what I meant was...like how the Queen and I like each other", the king said.

"Liking to the point of conceiving", she trailed. "I would only inconvenience people if I have that thoughts..."

'I was meant to--'

"Oh, don't be like that! You must have thought of having little kids that looks like you and Ashnah at this point! You look smitten to him", he laughed.

"Smitten...kids...you tell words that seems so complicated for me", she said. "But..."

She look at the flowers once again. "....", The king only sigh at her denial. "You can like him...what is stopping you?"

Looking at the king, "Even someone like you deserve someone."

"I...do not think so. As you can see...", She reach out to the flower as it withered on her touch. "Death is within my hands...I've killed dozens...how can I..."

"Oh killing have a reason...I take you under my wing not so I can monopolize you...I just thought...'Maybe this child is did not have a proper upbringing'", he said.

She curtly laugh, "how...can you take someone under your wing...I killed dozens...I have armies of death upon my shadow...I heard their wails and calls...how...how can you say I deserve someone after I have done...all that"