Scene 015

Scene 015

Staring out the big bay window of his private study, Dam was trying to get his breathing back under control. The short time he had spoken with his mate had started the Mating Fever raging. He thought about the conversation he had held with Amy and began to rum the scars across the back of his hand. A knock at the door broke into his thoughts. "Enter," he called and turned toward the door. 

Beauf strode with his fluid cat like motion into the room. "Here are the reports Jac promised," he said, taking a seat across the desk from Dam. He placed a small clip board device on the desk. "You need to read these now. A decision needs to be made." 

With jerking motion, Dam picked up the clip board and tried to give it his full attention. His large hands shook so badly; he couldn't read the reports. Growling, he said, "This is impossible. I can't concentrate. Tell me the basics of these." 

"In essences what the reports are saying, is what Jac had already reported; Amy needs guidance and needs it now. She is untrained mentally and can be dangerous." 

"If that is accurate, I've only two options for a successful Life-mating. One which is mentally and physically complete. Amy will need to either trust me fully or start training with an exercise master right now." Taking a deep breath then letting it out in a sigh, Dam placed the clipboard on the desk. The edge of the fever was starting to wear off. "Unfortunately, neither are options at this time. I really must think about this and try to read these for myself. Come back tomorrow and we will talk it through and make a decision." 

"I had forgotten about the spiritual part of the ceremony. I'll come back tomorrow and maybe we'll be able to come up with something." Beauf stood and strode from the study. 

After the door closed, Dam turned back toward the window. The afternoon sun shone brightly into the room. Picking up the clipboard, he tried to give the reports his full attention. 

Halfway through the second report Dam lost his attention for the third time and threw the clipboard onto the desk. How come in all of the Image Transmissions I've sent to her over the years, I didn't find out about this? He thought. 

Leaning back into the chairs stuffing, Dam went over his conversation with Amy. Just thinking about the sound of her voice was enough to start the Mating Fever up again. 

Saying a word that was on of Jac's favorites, Dam said, "I'll go to weapons' practice. Hopefully, I will be able to work off some of this fever and give this problem the attention it deserves." He stood and with jerky strides left the study, wondering how he was going to fix this problem.