Scene 055

Scene 055

"Hello, are you here?" Amy called. She was in a pitch black forest, it had banks of lighter black areas that was fog. "Hello?"

"Stay where you are. I'll come to you," said Dam his voice getting closer and closer.

Amy jumped and yelped when Dam's arms wrapped around her. "Sh. Sh. It's OK. It's just me," soothed Dam.

"What happened here?" asked Amy. She turned into Dam's embrace. "Is Lubin here?"

"I think. We've both had an extremely taxing day. Lubin is not here," said Dam. He gave Amy a squeeze and took in a deep breath of her fresh scent.

They sat in silence for a while then Amy said in a wishful voice. "I wish we could build ourselves a small cabin here. I mean, if we're dreaming about this forest and our fears are changing the forest, why can't our wishes?"

Dam stood up straighter. "You know you may have hit upon something. We should be able to change how we perceive our forest. Describe to me what kind of place you want."

Amy thought for a minute. "I want a little stone cottage, single room, a large fireplace, and comfortable furnishings."

"OK." Dam rubbed his chin on the top of her head. "Let's try picturing the outside walls of the cottage."

Amy turned in Dam's arms so she faced the same way he was. "All right. A small and ivy-covered stone cottage." Amy and Dam pictured the cottage. Slowly at first the cottage took shape and form, then it took on substance.

"Good," Dam said with a smile in his voice. He gave Amy a squeeze around the waist. "Are you ready to envision the inside of the cottage?" Amy nodded her head. "Now, We want one room with a door on one side of the room, a fireplace on the other and with windows at each end."

The door appeared, then the chimney, and finally there came a feeling of completion. "Let's go inside and make our cottage homey," Amy said.

They approached the cottage. Dam opened the door, indicating Amy should go first. Walking into the empty cabin, Amy said, "Well, isn't this homey."

Looking around the bare room and the empty fireplace, Dam shrugged. "Well that's our next step." Taking a deep breath, he continued. "Let's continue, one homey furnished cottage."

Amy interrupted. "The fireplace should burn eternally." She rubbed her arms and gave a little shiver.

"All right." Dam and Amy concentrated, nothing happened.

"What happened?" Questioned Amy.

"Hum, I don't know," said Dam. "What did we do differently in here than we did out there?"

The cabin was silent, Amy said, "I know." She threw herself into Dam's arms.

"Woof," Dam said, catching Amy.

"Now, let's try," Amy said impishly, smiling up at Dam.

"OK." They tried again and the room roared to life. A fire burned in the fireplace, a large lounging area was set up in front of it, and a big bed filled one corner of the room.

"This is definitely homely," said Amy. She left Dam's arms and plopped down on the cushion in front of the fireplace. Turning back toward Dam, she patted the area next to her with a smile.

Laughing, Dam strolled over to where Amy sat with a large grin on her face. He took a seat next to her. They settled into the other's arms for the rest of the night.