Scene 084

Scene 084

"Good old Tiarra. You can always count on her to cause problems. You say Dam and Amy are completing their mating as we speak? I wonder what the High Six is going to say to Santi?" Beauf said to Jac.

"I wouldn't want to be in her place when she has to explain what has happened today. This sets a record for Tiarra, less than two hours in a new place before she stirs up problems," Jac said as he settled into his chair.

"If I had known what Tiarra had been planing, I would have tried to stop her," said Beauf.

Snorting Jac replied. "What would you have done? Sit on her or throw her in a brig somewhere?"

"He might have gotten scratched for either of those two options," said Cat. "But Beauf is correct. He probably would have come up with something to at least slow Tiarra down."

"Go away!" Jac snapped. "Is there nothing I can do to bribe you in to leaving this conversation? Is there?"

"No, you are stuck with me," Cat said smugly.

"So how did the High Six take it?" asked Beauf.

"Like every other Council of Six has taken it," said Cat.

There was a quiet moment, then Jac asked, "What do you mean?"

"Just what I said," Cat said smugly.

"Are you telling us that public matings are not real?" Beauf asked leaning forward.

"That is what I am saying. It is also the reason I pushed all of Tiarra's buttons so hard. If this had not accrued the High Six, as you call them, would have wondered why Dam and Amy had not completed their mating yet. I was beginning to wonder why myself," Cat explained.

Jac muttered a curse then said, "When we land, I'm going to have every piece of circuit board replaced. You will not be upon my ship. When you were in your Valdiarian form, you probably gave Tiarra a run for her money."

Beauf broke into laughter.

"Perhaps I could have. I did not do such a shabby job today. I got her to push all of Amy's buttons," Cat said with self-satisfaction.

"By the way how did the group take the news about Tiarra?" questioned Beauf.

"It seems none of them are too fond of the High Medic. They seem to be relieved that she has finally shown her true colors. They are more than willing to fix her mess," Cat answered.

"Dam was a little hard upon her," Beauf said more to himself than to the group.

"No. I don't think so," Jac said calmly. "After Dam pointed out a few things to me, my first response had been to kill her. I think in the long run, she will be punished more by what Dam has commanded."

Beauf looked at his life long friend in shock. He had never seen Jac so serious before. "I haven't ever seen you like this. You weren't as deadly serious as this when Dam's shuttle exploded."

"Mating Fever," Cat stated. "Dam pointed out that Tiarra could have tried it upon Santi."

Jac growled and snapped something under his breath. "So what has Searcher found out?" asked Jac, changing the subject.

"They are still collecting debris, but so far it seems as if the escape pod from the Valdiar Star is missing," said Beauf.

"The pod Turk escaped in from here?" asked Jac.

"They are still picking up debris. They haven't picked up any debris made out of the metals use in one of our escape pods." Beauf held up his hand so Jac wouldn't interrupt. "Remember I said, It seems as if, they have picked up some extra debris that doesn't belong to the pirate's ship. It is about the size of an escape pod, but they need to do more tests. The only place these test can be done, is here at the base."

"Have them report to the science lab with all of their findings. I want to be sure that everyone was destroyed on that ship." Jac growled, disconnecting himself.

Beauf watched the screen go black. "I think Cat might be right. Mating Fever is running a muck."