Scene 026

Scene 026

"Shame on you, Jac. You know what you told him to drink will put him to sleep within seconds after drinking it," said Cat, once Jac was in the Hall.

"Yes, I know. Did you see how tired he looked? You know as well as I do he won't let himself rest until he is total unwound. Besides, Santi said there are no side effects to the alcohol, except for a heavy sleep, to us," said Jac, with a small smile.

"You still are not playing fair," scolded Cat.

Jac turned toward his cabin. With a shrug, he added, "You know as well as I do, Dam could get another ideal to visit Amy. Then where would, we be." He stretched and gave a big yawn. "Could you contact Beauf for me? Please, place him on my viewer."

In his cabin at his desk, Jac called out, "Cat, let me know when Dam is asleep. I'd feel more comfortable knowing he's asleep and not back in Amy's room tonight."

"Jac, Beauf is ready to talk to you," said Cat.

Beauf appeared on the viewer. He didn't look any more put together than Jac felt. "Jac, what do you want? Are you getting nervous about the transport tomorrow?" asked Beauf, settling himself in front of the viewer.

"No, I'm calling you to inform you of Dam's arrival. He's safely on board," said Jac in a straight face and quiet tone.

It was a few seconds before Beauf responded. "You mean to tell me you've already completed the transfer?" asked Beauf. His feline ears were perked forward and his face had an astonished look to it.

"Isn't that what I just said?" asked Jac.

"Jac," Cat interrupted. "Dam is asleep. We should not expect him to awaken until morning."

Satisfaction filled Jac as he sat back and quietly congratulated himself.

"What have you done?" asked Beauf. "You never look like that unless you've been up to something."

"Do you remember why I was late contacting you yesterday?" At Beauf's nod, Jac continued, "I told Dam to have a cup of Amy's special drink, coffee with liquor. As tired as he is, it should keep Dam asleep and out of Amy's cabin tonight."

"I'm glad CAT," said Beauf with a twinkle in his eye and added, "and you are there to take care of Dam. Is there anything else you need?"

Jac sat forward. "I don't know. I feel as if I'm missing something but I can't put my finger on it. Cat will monitor everything, she'll call you if anything gets too far out of hand."

"Well, I'm going back to bed. Call me tomorrow and tell Dam I'm expecting his call." Beauf ended the transmission.

"Cat, I'm going to bed myself. You heard my request, if you would so kind as to keep watch. I would appreciate it," said Jac, walking into his sleeping area to crawl into bed. If Amy's untrained mind was screaming trouble, something must be going on, he thought.