Scene 098

Scene 098

"We might have a problem," said Beauf. They were in Dam's study later that morning.

"What type of problem?" Dam asked, stroking the newly arrived Dolefur.

"I think an electoral is going to demand a Validation Ceremony. The Oceanal Electoral says he isn't sure you've chosen the right mate, even after being shown all of the facts."

"Isn't he, the gentleman that has the house full of daughters?" asked Dam. He looked up to watch Amy enter the study.

"Yes. I hope this won't cause any problems for you."

"What problems? What are you talking about?" asked Amy. She ousted Lubin from Dam's lap, only to take his place herself. Reaching up, she pulled Dam's head down for a kiss. "Look. My clothes have arrived."

"I can see that. It looks as if we have another challenge to our mating," Dam said with a growl. He claimed Amy's lips for another kiss.

Beauf cleared his throat. "What are we going to do about it?" he asked.

"All of the Council of Six should still be here. Gather them up and explain what is going on. Then inform the electorial that a meeting will be held this afternoon in the Meeting Hall. Amy and I will take care of the rest," said Dam. "Oh, include a television crew, I want everyone to see this."

A smile broke Beauf's face. "Everything will be as you want." He left the room.

"What was that all about?" asked Amy. She was playing with Dam's black mane.

"I hope you've chosen your outfit to wear to our public mating, because it's going to happen today."

"What?" Amy cried, trying to sit up straighter. Dam held her into place. He began to nuzzle behind her ear. "I thought we had a few days," Amy said breathlessly.

"Hum, we did, but I decided I didn't want to wait for our honeymoon. This is the quickest way to get it started," Dam whispered in Amy's ear. Then, he licking the side of her neck, sending shivers ran through her body. "Let's go rest some more."

"I just dressed!" She exclaimed, but not in disagreement.

"Think of it as a long change of clothes." Dam gave a huge yawn. "I need some more beauty rest."

Laughing huskily, Amy nodded. Dam stood, sweeping Amy through the doors.

The bedroom doors closed. Lubin jumped up and curled in the warm spot on Dam's chair. A content sigh filled the room as the Dolefur napped in the sun the whole morning.