Scene 065

Scene 065

Dam walked into the Command Center. "What do you need, Jac?"

"I thought you might want to hear some interesting news." At Dam's inquiring look, Jac continued, "The vessel behind us sent a transmission via Beauf. Turk's pod was picked up by a Zoidiarian Pirate Ship about an hour ago."

"We expected that, what other information came with it?" asked Dam. He sat down at the Weapon's Command Center.

"It seems; the pirate ship has set a course to intercept us. We, the pirates, and our warship will be intercepting each other in about fifteen minutes," said Jac. A feral grin filled his face.

"Do not sound the ship's alarms until the pirates make their move," said Dam. "Get Karr up here. Put everyone else on alert. I'll man weapons. Fifteen minutes should give me time to plan a few major surprises."

"I was hoping you would say that. Computer call Karr to duty, and put Kronk on alert." Jac started powering up the shields, but not so powerful as to call attention to them. He didn't want to give away their hand to the pirates.

A few minutes later Karr walked into the Command Center. He took his station. "What's up?" he inquired.

"Turk and his fellow pirates have decided to play some hardball," said Jac. He was still watching his viewer.

"Why didn't you set the ship on alert?" asked Karr.

"We're going to let Turk and the pirates think they have the jump on us," explained Dam. "But in reality we will be waiting and have everything set up for their first shots."

"In other words it is time to get even." Smiled Karr, his face filled up with the emotions of the hunt.

"Correct," Dam said grinning.

"Another reason we haven't gone on alert, yet, is one of our warships is following the pirates. We wouldn't want to give their position away," said Jac. He was still programing the shields.

"Understood," said Karr. He began to program the necessary information the computer would need for the up and coming battle. A few seconds later Karr said, "They're going to hit us just before we enter the asteroid field of sector V, Alpha, 17. We're going to have to be very careful or we'll set off a chain reaction, which no matter how I plan could put us in jeopardy."

"Just do the best you can," Jac reassured Karr, looking up from his own viewer for the first time. "How are you coming over there, Dam?"

"I'm all finished. It's been a long time since I've had to program any weapons, but once I started it all came back to me," Dam said with a smug smile.

"There was no problem with the mental link?" Jac inquired.

"She is as easily to connect with now as she was when we were young cubs," said Dam.

"Karr?"

"All set. I've got just about any occurrence covered. What is not, I will do physically," said Karr. He sat with a smile while waiting.

Looking at the main clock, Jac said, "Good and we've five minutes to spare. Now we wait."

A curse erupted from Dam. "I forgot to inform Amy of what is going to happen. Computer, patch me through to whatever terminal Amy is using or is near at this moment."

Dam's terminal lit up with Amy's picture. "Amy, we are going to be coming under attack in a few minutes. Please go to your bunk, sit, and wait this out."