Scene 039

Scene 039

There was a bank of thick fog in the dream forest. It was extremely thick and gray. "Something isn't right," Amy said to herself. "Something is very wrong."

"You're correct. Something isn't right," said Dam, walking up to Amy and wrapping her in a hug.

Settling into Dam's embrace, Amy said. "The feeling is familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it."

"We'll fix it. Do you find my scars repulsive?" Dam asked rushing the question.

"Dam, I really don't see any scars when I look at you. Yes, you do have a line interrupting the flow of your fur. That's all I see. You're the one, who imagines them being worse than they are," said Amy.

The fog lifted a little. "It seems not only is something wrong but our fears are also apart of the problem here," said Dam, watching the fog flow slowly back and forth.

"We'll just have to try harder to clear up all of our questions and fears with each other." Amy snuggled into Dam's embrace.

A chiming noise broke into the dream.

Coming fully awake, Amy raised up to her elbow and called, "Come in." Kronk and Jac walked into the cabin and took a seat on the couch.

"Now, isn't this cozy," said Jac with a gleam in his eye.

Dam sat up against the wall, pulling Amy into his embrace. He rolled his eyes. "I'm assuming the two of you are here because we have arrived at the station."

"Yes, and to let you know, we don't have to wait for the regular docking procedures. Beauf called ahead to let them know of our problem. He also ordered all the necessary parts and had them delivered to our repair bay," explained Kronk.

"So, we will be entering the repair bay shortly?" asked Dam.

"Better yet," answered Jac with a smile. "We've docked and are ready to go."

"Then all we have to do is put on the clothes that match our collars and bands," said Amy. Her excitement was building. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to change. Cat which outfit is mine?"

"Your outfit is the blue and silver."

"I'm going to the Hygiene Room," said Amy. She jumped from the bed, headed to the simulator, and grabbed her outfit. "I'll be out in a moment." The door of the Hygiene Room closed behind her.

"How long are we going to be on the station? Are there any important people on the station I need to call on or avoid?" asked Dam, climbing out of bed. He stepped out of his old clothes and into the silver and blue outfit.

"We've as long as we need, Beauf took care of all expenses," replied Jac.

"I'll only need, at the most, three days to fix the engine," said Kronk.

"According to the Dock Master there's no one of major importance upon the station at this time," added Jac.

"Still, I want you and Karr to act as Royal guards. Kronk, you, and Abney are the only other two people allowed to leave the ship. But, stay in the repair bay. Everyone else is to be ship bound. Is that clear?"

Jac and Kronk nodded their heads. "Good, now go to your assigned duties. Jac, Amy and I will be waiting for you and Karr at the lift, in an hour."

Jac and Kronk left on their assigned tasks.

Just seconds after the cabin door closed, Amy came from the Hygiene Room. "Well, how do I look?" She turned around.

Dam turned to face Amy. He was stunned speechless. He watched as she turned in a circle and thought, Beautiful, simply beautiful.

"Well?" Amy prompted, adjusting the shirt again. It was going to take awhile to get use to it. The left arm was sleeveless to show off the arm band, the right sleeve was long, and the neck was square-cut to show off the collar.

"You're too beautiful for words." Dam said. "I just can't think while looking at you in that outfit."

Laughing, Amy asked, "Are we ready to go?"

Dam answered with a nod of his head. "We are suppose to be meeting Karr and Jac at the lift." At Amy's inquiring look, he added, "They're going to follow us around the station as Royal Guards. They are changing into their outfits as we speak."

"OK," said Amy. "Tell me what types of sights am I going to see? Where are we going to go?"

"It's hard to explain. Why don't you see it for yourself? We are going to the main shopping or market area of the station." He walked toward the door.

As Dam stopped at the door waiting for Amy, Cat called. "Remember as soon as you are off the ship, your collars and bands will activate. There should be no more than fifteen feet between you."

Amy and Dam nodded as Dam ushered Amy out the door.