Scene 018

Scene 018

As Karr placed his call to Valdiar, he wondered why Amy had instructed that he places the call and not Turk. Interrupting his thoughts, the com-unit announced. "Valdiar here. How may we be of service?"

"This is the Valdiar Star calling with a message for Commander Beauf Kalfas," said Karr, quickly.
"I will put you right through," said the voice from the Com-unit.

Beauf filled Karr's viewer. He was looking at some paper work. "Navigator Karr of the Valdiar Star is calling in a report upon the request of Amy Heir." With that statement, Beauf's attention shifted to the viewer. "I am reporting an attack by Zoidiarian pirates. We have one fatality."

Beauf's face filled with concern. He cut in rapidly, asking, "Why didn't Commander Jac Fledge call in this report? Who is your fatality? Why are you calling and not Turk?"

"Sir, um, sir." Karr stammered. He hadn't worked with Commander Beauf before. The anger radiating from the Commander was making him nervous. "Our fatality was Third Engineer Roulf. Amy Heir said Commander Jac would call you as soon as he was able. Amy didn't want to speak to Turk. She was very adamant about me calling in the report."

"Navigator Karr, I've logged in your fatality. Proceed with the funeral. Also, tell Commander Jac that Dammarow Heir and I will be expecting his report soon." Beauf cut off the transmission.

I'm glad I don't have to do that every day, thought Karr. Breathing a sigh of relief, he then called Amy's cabin and left a message with Cat.