Scene 030

Scene 030

"Jac, I would like a moment to speak with you." Cat voice broke into Jac's peaceful breakfast.

Giving a groan, he said, "Here it comes. Sure, what is it now? Isn't the ship running to your satisfaction? Is the Transporter dirty or something?" Jac laid his fork down beside his plate. The edge of his vigorous appetite had just worn away.

"No, nothing like that, I have not had a chance to give the ship a total inspection, yet. I will let you know if I find anything," said Cat in a smug tone. "Seriously though, I have a few minor worries about Amy and Dam."

With that statement, Cat captured Jac's full attention. "What kind of worries?"

"Did you know they share dreams and energies? It has gone as far as they know then the other is awake or scarred. Here are a few examples. One, Amy was never told Dam's name, but she woke up this morning knowing it. Two, She knew you'd talked Dam into having a coffee/whiskey last night."

Groaning again, what little appetite he had left was totally gone. Getting up, Jac took his plate back to the simulator and muttered, "I'm going to kill Beauf." He should be the one here. He has a higher rank, thought Jac.

"Killing Beauf is not going to help the situation," Cat chided.

Taking a deep breath, he said, "Here's what we do. You go back to monitoring Amy and Dam, while I go see Santi and ask for her advice. Also, make a list of as many occurrences you can recall, so I can bring them to Santi's attention." Sighing with frustration, he hit the button to enter his hygiene room. It was the only place on the ship where he could have five minutes of peace for himself.