Scene 099

Scene 099

Amy and Dam stopped inside of the Meeting Hall. It was a small theater like room. The focal point of the room was a stage with two throne-like chairs on it. On both sides of the chairs sat the Council of Six, three on each side. Amy then noticed all the people sitting in the audience. She straightened the same but rumpled clothes she had worn earlier. Dam gave her arm a tug. "Let's go," he said, striding toward the stage.

Amy hung back as they approached the stage. Dam didn't hesitate. He walked right onto the stage. He seated Amy in one of the thrones and then seated himself. Sweeping the room with a look, he said, "I believe we all know why this meeting was called. Who wants to start?"

A grumble erupted in the room. Silence fell as a tabby colored man stood up in the back of the room. "I have doubts that this," The man pointed to Amy, "is your Called Mate. It has been generations since a Ruler has had a Called Mate off-planet." The little man sat down.

Dam leaned toward Amy and whispered. "This is the person Beauf thinks is behind all the grumbling. This man has a whole house full of marriageable daughters and they're all tabbies like him." Dam sat back, turned toward the Council of Six, and called, "Council of Six, do you feel as if you could preform a Validation Ceremony at this time?"

In unison the Council nodded their heads.

Dam turned back to the room. "Do you have your challenger ready?"

The tabby colored little man nodded his head. A tabby colored female stepped into the room.

"Of course," said Dam. "It was foolish of me to ask."

The tabby colored female's ears turned red.

Oskar, the oldest of the council, stood up. "Dammarow Heir, please take a stance in the middle of the stage." Dam took his place.

Oskar bowed to Amy. "Amy, please take this corner of the stage." Amy walked over to where Oskar had indicated.

"Now, young lady," Oskar said. "You need to take the other side of the stage." The young tabby walked to her place.

Dam gave Amy a smile and a wink from his place. Hesitantly Amy returned his smile. She watched the rest of the council. They form a wedge behind Oskar.

"We begin," said Oskar. The council turned to face Dam. They began to sing and chant in a language that Amy's translator wasn't equipped to pick up.

For a flash of an instant, Amy knew that now is when they find out that she'd been telling the truth all along. Dam glanced over at Amy and gave her another wink. That was the moment when she decided to fight for Dam. One of the most beautiful feelings Amy had ever felt erupted in her body. "I love you." She exploded with feeling.

Seconds later a glowing golden light erupted from Dam's body. It reached toward Amy like a lover. "My mate. I love you," Dam answered.

Amy's body seemed to glow from within. She watched a silver light come from herself and reach for Dam's golden light. All noise in the room fell silent, as they watch the two souls reach for each other.

Without seeming to move, Amy and Dam meet halfway across the distance that separated them. The golden and silver lights swirling around the couple until it had enclosed the couple away from the crowd. "I love you, Dammarow Heir, Ruler of Valdiarian, my mate, nothing will ever change that no matter what," Amy vowed.

"And I love you, Amy. My mate," said Dam. "Now, let's get down to the business of our honeymoon."

Amy laughed as Dam brought his lips down on her own.