Scene 048

Scene 048

"You're late," said Dam as Amy appeared in the dream forest. He was sitting besides a small stream petting Lubin. A heavy fog surrounded the group.

"I didn't know we had an appointment," Amy chided, sitting next to Dam. "Is he really here or is he a part of the forest?" She nodded at Lubin.

A warm feeling flooded over Amy.

"There is your answer. Lubin is a good conversationalist," Dam said with some surprise.

"I can only pick up feelings and pictures from him," said Amy.

"We'll get working on your training and control soon. Eventually you'll be able to talk mentally to anyone," reassured Dam.

Lubin purred and a feeling of reassurance filled Amy.

"You know there really isn't much difference between my people and your people. I was labeled as strange on my world and already I've been classified as different here," Amy said with a disgruntled sigh.

Wrapping Amy in his arms, Dam gave her a large hug. "I know you don't want to hear this, but if you weren't who you are then we wouldn't have ever met. I, for one, am glad you are my mate," He said, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

Amy sat very still thinking, as she thought the fog lifted a bit.

As he watched the fog lift, Dam thought. I'm beginning to believe; our fears are causing most of this fog.

Lubin bumped against him as if he agreed.

Turning in Dam's embrace, Amy gave him a hug. "I get so scared and confused sometimes. The trip to the station today was just a little bit stressful."

Quietly they sat in the forest until one by one they awoke and disappeared from the forest.