Scene 045

Scene 045

"So, What do you want for lunch?" Amy asked Lubin, upon entering her quarters.

"I'd like to try some of this food called pizza. I've heard so much about it from the crew," Dam said, from the relaxing chair.

Jumping, Amy scolded. "You scared me."

Dam and Lubin both gave a small chuckle.

"How do you know about pizza, anyway?" She inquired with a look of exasperation.

"Didn't they tell you?" At Amy's inquiring look, Dam continued, "Everyone on the ship tried out most of your main food dishes. By all reports the pizza is the best."

"Figures," Amy muttered, putting Lubin down upon the sofa. "I guess we can have pizza. I just hope it won't give Lubin indigestion."

Dam gave a bark of laughter. "You need to watch the memory banks Cat has stored on Dolefurs. It will put all your worries to rest."

Amy just gave Dam a look of exasperation. Lubin rolled off the couch and headed to the table. "You know, I think Dolefurs are given a bad wrap. Lubin explained to me about how when something bad happens everyone blames it on a Dolefur. But, when something good happens and a Dolefur is around no one remembers seeing them there."

"Hum. You could be right. I'll tell you this much. Dolefurs are practically indestructible," Dam said, getting up from the chair going to the table. Sitting, he continued, "Dolefurs can and have taken apart the most vicious of humanoids, but then can be as gentle as a lamb."

"You know what?" Dam's eyebrow arched, Amy continued, "Every race can, will, and have been like that at sometime in their development. Just look at my race, I know you've read the reports."

"Point taken," Dam said, reaching out to stoke Lubin. "Amazing, he's soft."

Shrugging, Amy called to Lubin, "Is pizza, OK with you?" She tried sending out a mental picture of the smell and the taste of a pizza.

An affirmative reply came from both Dam and Lubin, as Amy headed toward the simulator.

"You need to learn how to control your broadcasting." Cat said as her presence filled the room.

"What?" Came Amy, waiting for the simulator to fill her request. It had never been this slow before.

"When you sent out your image of pizza, everyone on the ship received it. Now everyone is ordering some, that is why your simulator is taking so long." came Cat.

"Sorry," Amy said, her body flushing with a blush. "I didn't mean for that to happen." She grabbed the pizzas and headed back to the table.

"This is a good reason why Dam had the cargo bay insulated, so when you are practicing you don't broadcast to everyone," came Cat again.

"We'll get it fixed." Dam reassured Amy. "You just need to practice on it."

Blushing, Amy gave a shrug, and placed a pizza in front of everyone.

"Mum," came from both Dam and Lubin as they ate their first bites. Amy smiled and dug into her own.

"There is a curious inquiry being put to the ship?" Cat interrupted their lunch.

"What is it?" Dam asked.

"The request is asking if we know what a pizza is and how do they get the recipe," Cat said with a hint of laughter in her voice.

Dam and Lubin broke into laughter as Amy flushed again. "Tell them there's a slight fee," said Dam. "Then give anyone who wants it all the important information." Everyone went back to eating.

After lunch as Amy put away the brown cloth under the bed. She asked Dam. "Do you think everyone is on the ship? Now?"

"More than likely," said Dam. He watched Lubin settle into the relaxing chair for a nap. "You know, I think he has the right ideal. I'm going to take one of those myself."

"I'm going to give out the rest of the purchases to the crew," Amy said, gathering up the last three.

"That's fine." Said Dam. He walked with Amy to the door. "If you need any help just call to Cat." Reaching out, he captured Amy's neck and pulled her toward him. An inner glow flickered in his eyes as he claimed her lips.

Giving a moan, Amy leaned into the embrace, enjoying every moment of the claiming kiss.

Dam broke off the kiss leaving the room. Amy leaned against the wall next to the door. "That man can kiss," she said.

Lubin gave a small sigh and curled in the chair.

"Let me get out of here so you can rest," Amy said, getting up from the wall. As she walked through the door, she called. "Computer, dim the lights."

A large heartfelt sigh came from Lubin as he settled deeper into the chair.