Scene 028

Scene 028

"Amy, it is time to wake." Cat pulled Amy from her dream with her call. "You need to take a shower and get breakfast ready."

Sitting up, Amy yawned and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Is my mate on the ship yet?" She was almost certain she knew the answer but she wanted to know for sure. A smile crossed her face as a warm feeling of anticipation filled her.

"Yes, he is here. He arrived late last night." Cat's tone was calming. She was hoping her tone would calm Amy's excitement level which was rising fast.

"I thought so. I felt him after he went to sleep." Amy gave a stretch and added to herself, "I've so much to do before he arrives."

"What?" Cat exclaimed.

Amy took out a new outfit. She had the simulator make it for just this occasion yesterday. It was almost identical to the first outfit she wore on the ship. The only difference was the shirt was u-necked and the outfit was trimmed in silver not gold. She went to the shower, ignoring Cat's demand for an answer.

"What do you mean you felt him after he went to sleep?" Cat asked as soon as Amy stepped from the bathroom.

"You know it was terrible of you to let Jac convince Dam to order a coffee with whiskey. Yes, it put him to sleep but it allowed his mental control to relax enough to let him release more of himself into our dream conversation than normal." Amy gave a smart tug to her shirt. "Maybe, I should thank you." Her thoughts turned toward breakfast.

"Dream conversations? Dam?" Concern filled Cat. She hadn't told Amy the name of her mate and as far as she knew no one else had either.

"Yes, Dam and I converse at night. As a matter of fact when you woke me, you also woke up Dam. If I'm right, he should be getting ready to leave his cabin about now," said Amy. Her attention was focused on the breakfast list by the simulator.

"I will see." Leaving Amy to her own amusement, Cat quickly scanned Dam's room. Amy was correct; Dam was in the process of leaving his cabin while she watched. This is something I need to think more about, thought Cat as Dam's door closed.