Scene 085

Scene 085

"I was wondering when the two of you were going to show yourselves. You have been in there for almost two full days," Santi said to Amy and Dam as the Mating Sphere disappeared.

Dam and Amy looked at each other. "They were two days well spent." Dam purred with a grin.

Lubin rolled down from one of the chairs and over to Amy. Reaching down, Amy picked up the Dolefur. "I have to agree with Dam."

"How did your report go, Santi?" asked Dam. He wondered what they would be facing when they landed planet-side.

"The High Six didn't seem to be surprised. They said that they would have a fake public mating, like they have always done before," replied Santi. "As for Tiarra, they have already set up a secure place for us to place her. The High Six have already started to check into Tiarra's past. The list of people she has used or profited from is extensive and is still growing. Don't worry. There are many medics stepping in to help. It seems as if Tiarra wasn't well liked by anyone."

"Wait a minute. You said the High Six. Are you talking about the Council of Six, the high medics under Tiarra? Why would they be interested in Dam's and my mating? Unless . . . " Amy squeezed Lubin a little harder then she had intended as she turned to face Dam.

"How long until we hit planet-side?" Dam hurriedly asked.

"We are landing planet-side in less than two hours," said the computer.

"Two hours." Amy cried out. She gave Lubin to Dam and turned to Santi. "Thanks for the use of your medical facility. I've so much to do before we land." Amy hurried out the door.

"That was a nice save," said Cat.

"Hum. I agree," said Santi. "So when are you going to tell her who you really are?"

"I keep trying to, but the time never seems right," Dam said as he walked over to a chair, and sat down. He stroked Lubin trying to relax. "I really don't want to spring it on her. She might decide to leave me," Dam muttered.

"You have completed your mating. She can't mate with anyone else. She isn't going to be able to go home," Santi said trying to reassure Dam. "She might not even mind, when it is all said and done."

"Right. That is why it took us this long for her to trust me enough to mate with me. It's her trusting nature," Dam sarcastically snapped.

"Well it was worth a shot. The only thing I can tell you to do is duck and cover when she finds out," Santi exclaimed, feeling as depressed as Dam looked.