Scene 091

Scene 091

"Maybe we should go after her," said Jac. He still felt the need to follow Amy.

"No. Let her work off some steam," Dam stated from the couch.

"I agree," said Santi.

A feeling of agreement flowed from Lubin on Dam's lap.

"I know but it had to be a hard blow to take. Just when you're starting to feel confident in your place, something like this happens and blows away all of your supports," said Jac. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm just happy. She has learned enough self control not to cause any harm," Santi said, remembering her concerns after meeting Amy for first time.

"She'll calm down. I'm sure Cat is with her right now, helping the process along," said Dam.

Lubin stood up from Dam's lap. He jumped from the couch and rolled to the door. His body was full of tension. Lubin made a low deep humming sound. He sent a sharp quick feeling of concern to Dam.

"What is it Lubin?" asked Dam. He followed Lubin to the door. As he started to open the door, Dam noticed the panel next to the door was blinking loud text. He began to read, then Jac's favorite word crossed Dam's mouth.

"What is it?" Jac asked, watching the tension fill his friend's body.

"Computer, turn on all speakers," Dam ordered.

Cat's voice filled the room, overpowering the computer's answer. "Amy has left the ship."

"What?" Jac and Santi cried together. They jumped to their feet.

"She went to work off some anger in the cargo bay. She opened the big doors. She has left the ship," Cat said in a rush.

"Why didn't you come to us sooner?" Dam snapped.

"Impossible. The bay's alarms didn't go off," said Jac.

"Amy had the computer turn off the alarm and the speakers before she opened the doors," Cat explained. "I've been trying to figure out how to get your attention for the last ten minutes."

"Well that answers how long she's been gone," said Santi. "We have got to find her. She doesn't know what she is doing out there."

"I don't think any one will hurt her," said Jac.

"Cat, inform Beauf of our problem. Also notify the Council that we will be delayed a little longer. Come on let's head to the transporter room," said Dam as he swept out of the cabin.