Scene 069

Scene 069

Jac sat in his cabin waiting for Beauf to come on the viewer. "Beauf here. What's troubling you, Jac?"

Leaning back in his chair, Jac asked, "Have you heard anything on the salvage of the pirate ship from Searcher?"

"As a matter of fact, they called in their report. The salvage operation is going to take longer than expected." Beauf paused to take a drink. "Why?"

"I don't know. I have a strange feeling. It feels as if we have missed something," said Jac. He ran a hand through his hair.

"You might be right," said Cat. She joined the conversation.

Giving a start, Jac said, "I knew it. I knew it. It was a mistake to let you on board. Now, I'll never know a moment's peace."

Trying to muffle his laughter, Beauf asked, "What do you mean?"

"Lubin and I feel as if the blowing up of the pirate's ship went too easy," said Cat. Jac and Beauf sat up straighter. "Turk plotted and did everything so precisely, causing the biggest uproar possible, then for it to be over without any other major problem occurring. I am and so it Lubin inclined to think it is not over yet."

"You feel the same way, Jac?" At the nod of Jac's head, Beauf continued, "I've the same feelings. I'll tell Searcher to gather every piece of space debris." Beauf opened his mouth as to say something else then closed it.

"What?" asked Jac.

"I was going to ask you what Dam thoughts were on this, but the shape he was in before leaving, he wouldn't have any thoughts but the obvious," Beauf said with a smile and his viewer went black.

Laughing Jac turned in his chair to leave the cabin.

"I do not know. What you are laughing about? I have been noticing a few mating fever tendencies in you lately," said Cat. Jac stopped dead in his path, a look of total horror filled his face. Cat broke into laughter as her presence left the cabin.