Scene 054

Scene 054

Entering the Medical Facility after his standoff with Turk, Jac called. "Santi, are you here?" A sound came from the personal area of the facility. Jac took a few seconds to listen to it. "I'll just wait out here." He took a seat at Santi's desk. "How is your Research coming?" He called out.

Santi walked through the door of the personal area of the cabin. Her hair was slightly rumpled, smiling she took a seat across the desk from Jac. "Greetings."

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were already asleep." Said Jac. Realizing it was still early evening, he added. "Are you alright?" He told himself, his concern was because they couldn't afford for Santi to be sick at this time.

"Yes, I'm fine. I've been looking for an answer to our problem with Dam and Amy. I've pushed myself a little hard. I was just trying to catch up on some lost sleep," Santi said, straightened up her clothes and hair. "Oh, by the way, I've found answers to most of our problems."

Jac looked at Santi expectantly, when nothing was forthcoming he prompted. "Well, what are we to do?"

"Nothing." Said Santi. She gave Jac a look square in the eyes. "From the research I've done the only thing we can do is to leave them muddle through it on their own. They are basically already mated. Probably have been since their first shared dream."

"How did you come to this conclusion?" Questioned Jac, wanting to believe her, but nothing else had gone easily with Dam and Amy's mating yet.

"I don't know how much you know about ancient history."

Jac shrugged. "Not much." He was the type of person that dealt with here and now.

"Well, Cat and I were searching through the old Royal Mating Records. I knew it was going to be a long shot to find some answers that way but I figured I'd look. Any way just when I was about to give up, Amy and Lubin stopped by and Lubin told me which mating to look for," Santi explained.

Jac let out a large sigh. "Let's make a long story short." He prompted.

"Any way just let them muddle through it on their own. Her mind being untrained won't cause any problems," Santi said. "They are a throw back. They don't need the Mating Ceremony. They are doing it all on their own."

"You're sure?" Jac asked.

"Yes. I'm sure. It was a great relief from my mind. I'm telling you," reassured Santi.

"You just relieved me. I can't wait to tell Dam and Beauf the good news," said Jac. He relaxed against the chair with a sigh. Snapping to an upright position again he apologized. "I'm sorry, I guess I should leave you to get back to your rest."

"It's all right. If you don't mind, I am going back to bed." Said Santi. She walked back to the door of the private part of the facility.

"I think I'll head to bed early myself." Said Jac. He climbed to his feet. Stopping at the Door, Jac turned to Santi and said, "Goodnight and pleasant dreams."

"You too, Jac," said Santi. They smiled at each other, then both left the main part of the Medical Facility.