Prologue

PROLOG

Private study of Planet Valdiar's Ruler:

"Dammarow, it's passed time," said Beauf. He watched as his tall, black haired, best friend stared out of the study's big bay window. He was standing just outside the noon light offered by the window.

Dam ran a hand through his mane of hair and slammed a fist against the window sill. The back of his light gray uniform was pulled tight by tension in his wide shoulders. "Damn it, Beauf. What do you want me to do about it? Am I to go and get her? Especially, when I know she'll be disappointed upon her arrival?"

A heavy silence hung between the two friends.

"Well, answer me!" Dam ground out. His fist relaxed enough to lay his hand flat against the sill.

Beauf watched as Dam relaxed and took a deep breath. After a few moments passed, he said, "I know you're not as untouched by life as you were when we sent out the Image. Hell, Dam that's life. We've been sending out your physical image to her since her first womanly time. We have to do something soon!"

"Beauf," interrupted Dam. He grabbed ahold of the sill. His grip so tight that the fine scar that ran across the back of his hand appeared. "The scar on my leg is bad enough, but the scars from the explosion of my craft are another thing."

"We have to do something soon," repeated Beauf. He needed to get this through to his friend. Dam, the man, needed his mate. But also Dammarow Heir, The Ruler, needed her as well. "Or else, she'll not be able to change and accept things here. She might even begin to look for a mate on her own."

Another long pause filled the study. Then, Dam straightened to his full height of six foot four, sighed, and said, "I'm so tired of this argument." He turned so the light from the window framed him. "Look me in the face and tell me she will accept me as I am now."

Beauf looked his best friend square in the eye. "When she gets to meet and know you, she will love and accept you."

"Fine. Have a ship prepared. Have Jac go and get her," said Dam. His tone was emotionless, but his jaguar green eyes were flashing, betraying all of his anger. He turned back to the window, took a deep breath, then continued, "Once she is here, if she refuses me then she will be your responsibility." Dam looked over his shoulder at his friend before heading for the door.

Beauf released the breath he had been holding. He let a small smile appear on his face as Dam stomped past him on the way to the door. As the big double doors of the study slammed against the walls, he said, "Jac and I have already prepared a ship. He'll be leaving within the hour."

* * *

?:/ DID YOU GET THAT? WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

#:/ YES. FOLLOW AND STOP IT. REMEMBER, THERE IS TOO MUCH AT STAKE.

?:/ I'M ON IT. MAY NEED YOU SOON.

#:/ DO WHATEVER IS NEEDED. WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR CONTACT.

?:/ WHATEVER?

#:/ WHATEVER!!! OUT.

?:/ OUT.

A small keyboard snapped closed over a personal transmitter.

________________________________________________________________

Well any of you all that read this post to me let me know what you all think. I will try to post every couple of days until the novel it completely posted. Thanks