Scene 087

Scene 087

Amy was pulling her shirt into place, when the viewer chimed. "Call from Jac," announced the computer.

"Put it through," Amy said as she moved toward the viewer.

Jac came into view. "Amy, why don't you come up to the command center. You can watch the landing with us."

Amy slipped on a large gold and silver beaded necklace. It hung down to her waist. She tied a knot in it. "Who is, us?"

"Dam, Karr, and myself."

"You forget to include me," said Cat.

"Don't I wish?" Jac muttered.

"Sure. I'll be right there." The screen went blank as Amy checked her appearance before leaving the cabin.

Amy noticed movement out of the corner of her eye as her cabin door closed. She gave a jump. "Santi, how are you? Do you have a lot to do before we hit planet-side?"

"No. I'm all done," said Santi. She fell into step with Amy.

"I'm going up a level to watch the landing."

"Mind if I join you?"

"I don't see why not. By the way have you seen Lubin? The last time I saw him he was with you," Any asked as she pushed for the lift.

Santi replied with a smile. "Yes, he's in my rooms. It seems he likes the flow chair I have there. It's kind of like one of your water beds. It has a massaging heat to it."

Amy laughed. "You probably couldn't concentrate for all his purring." They waited for the lift doors to open.

"He IS very vocal about his enjoyment. That's for sure," Santi said as they entered the lift.

Amy gave a little bounce and blurted. "I'm excited, yet very nervous."

"Why?" Santi asked, adjusting to the lift's movement.

"I feel as if I'm missing something. I just don't know what it could be," Amy stated, watching the doors open.

"Ladies, you've decided to join us. Now, I have the best view on the ship," Karr said with a smile from his terminal. Jac and Dam were leaning against it.

Laughing, Amy and Santi joined the men. "Now Karr, I was hoping to have the best view," Amy chided.

"And you will," said Dam. "Look." He pointed to a colorful bluish green planet. "Valdiar."

"It looks like the photos I've seen of Earth from space." Amy gasped.

"Hum. That's right. You didn't see your planet from space," said Jac. "You were having your beauty rest."

Laughter filled the room. "Yes, and didn't it do a wonderful job."

The group fell quiet as the ship entered the planet's atmosphere. "It's beautiful," Amy whispered. Bright colors filled the windows. They covered the whole spectrum of the rainbow.

Dam wrapped Amy in his arms. "Just wait until you see the wonders of my planet. I've asked Jac to enter here so we can view part of my planet before we land."

They broke through into a clear deep blue sky, in an unpopulated area. The view was specular. They passed over and by deserts, oceans, mountains, and villages in the next few hours. "We're almost there," said Karr.

A deep sigh filled Dam. "Go a head and land," he said. He gave Amy a hug.

Jac opened communications. "Space port, this is Valdiar Star. We are requesting permission to land."

"Since when do you request permission?" asked a strange voice. "Where have you been? We've been waiting for at least three hours?"

"Who's that?" Amy whispered to Dam.

"That's my first in command and my other best friend, Beauf," Dam answered.

"Dam requested a fly by so Amy could look the place over," said Jac.

"Well, all right. Permission is granted. By the way you all now have a party waiting," Beauf said, then he cut communications.

Jac's favorite word filled the room. "I'm going to have to have the word programed into my translator. I want to know what it means. It seems to be one of Jac's favorites." Amy grinned.

"I told you we are not here to teach Amy foul language," said Cat.

"Get off MY bridge."

Amy started to laugh until she realized that Dam had tensed up behind her, turning. "What's wrong?"

A stern look filled Dam's face. "Nothing is wrong. I was just hoping this could have waited a little longer." Dam's body tensed even more.

"Oh, my," said Santi.

"What?" asked Amy. She looked at Dam, his eyes said he was miles away.

"Beauf understated himself when he said a party. Look," said Karr.

Amy turned in Dam's embrace. There in the space port were hundreds of people. They overflowed the port. A small area had been sectioned off to land the ship. A cold feeling swept through Amy. "Is there something someone forgot to tell me?" Silence ruled. "OK. Who are these people waiting to see?"

A voice broke the silence. "Greetings Valdiar Star. The Council of Six and the people of Valdiar greet and await to meet our leader's mate."