Scene 077

Scene 077

The sound of the doorbell caused Amy to snuggle deeper into Dam's embrace. The chiming would not stop. "Cat, tell whoever it is to go away," mumbled Amy.

Lubin added a growl in agreement.

"The people on the other side of the door seem to want your attention," said Cat.

Groaning Amy sat up and nudged Dam in the side. She stood, stretched, and answered the door. There on the other side of the door stood a Valdiarian whom she hadn't seen before and Santi. She turning to Santi and asked, "Couldn't you have just sent a message?" Amy leaned against the door jam and gave yawn.

"No, I could not," said the High Medic.

Amy's eyes flashed as she turned toward the unknown Valdiarian. "Excuse me. I don't believe I was talking to you." Amy turned back to Santi and asked, "Well?"

Clearing her throat, Santi replied, "Amy, this is the High Medic, Tiarra Tibble. She wants to talk to Dam."

Amy looked at the rude Valdiarian, then shrugged her shoulders. She returned to the bed where she has left Dam. Sitting down next to Dam's hip, Amy shook him. "Dam, you need to get up. There is someone here to see you."

Dam opened his eyes, gave Amy a large smile, and pulled her to him for a kiss. "Someone is here?" he asked. He wanted to pull Amy closer for real love making not just dream love making.

Amy turned her head toward the couch, where Santi and the High Medic had taken seats. Dam followed her gaze. A mumbled curse came from him. The High Medic's and Santi's ears turned red. "What are you doing here?"

Lubin came totally awake at Dam's tone of voice. Giving a stretch, Lubin rolled over to join Amy and Dam upon the bed. Lubin felt his fur ruffle as he gave the newcomer the once over.

Anger was riding the High Medic hard. It took her a few moments to bring herself under control. "When what was happening here, came to my attention, I decided to join you and see if I could offer you my help."

"Where did you get your information?" Dam growled. He knew the High Medic was here to cause problems, if she could.

The tips of Santi's ears turned a shade redder. "You called and hounded Santi, didn't you?" Dam growled. He wrapped Amy in an embrace.

"I did no such thing," said the High Medic. She tried to sound hurt.

"No, she just called and pulled rank," came Cat with smug reply.

"Dam," Amy started. "Who is this person?" She looked Dam in the face as she tried to sooth Lubin.

"Amy, this is the High Medic Tiarra," said Dam. He gave Amy a squeeze and a quick kiss.

"Among other things," snapped Tiarra. She tapped her foot. Angry, she wasn't getting the respect she thought she deserved.

"What does she mean by that?" Amy questioned sharply. She was feeling unsure of herself after last night's encounter in the dream cabin.

Dam tried to come up with an answer that was truthful but wouldn't hurt Amy.

"What Dam is trying to say without upsetting you is, Tiarra pounced upon him when he was feeling low. She then proceeded to try to get everyone to forget, he already had a mate," said Cat. She waited for an explosion.

A look of thoughtfulness filled Amy's face. "I bet if she had known you had the full run of the ship. She wouldn't have come," said Amy.

"That is correct," said Cat.

"You need to leave." Amy told Tiarra.

"You're telling me to leave." The High Medic growled. She jumped to her feet and lunged at Amy.

Santi grabbed Tiarra's arm. Lubin came fully alert in Amy's arms, baring his teeth. Dam said, "Santi, you need to take the High Medic back to the Medical Facility, until she has herself under control. Lubin, please escort them."

Lubin jumped down and rolled to where Tiarra was being restrained by Santi. With a growl and a snap from Lubin, and a tug from Santi, they managed to remove Tiarra from Amy's room.

Amy turned to Dam. "Will I be meeting any more of your former lady friends? Or maybe I should ask, are all of your lady friends like her?"

The tips of Dam's ears turned red. He mumbled, "This shouldn't have happened. Everyone, I have ever known, hell everyone on the planet, knew I had a mate. I think, Tiarra may need some counseling from the Council of Six." He tucked Amy's head under his chin to rest on his shoulder. "Could we forget about her for a moment? Let's try to pretend. We just woke up. Just you and me alone without any interruptions."

Amy blushed as memories of what they had done last night flooded her mind. Wrapping her arms around Dam, she nodded.

"After displaying all that fire, you're now feeling shy. You amaze me." Dam chuckled, giving Amy a large hug. He placed a kiss on the top of Amy's head.

With a growl of her own, Amy knocked Dam back into the bed. She proceeded to kiss him senseless.