Scene 096

Scene 096

"Well, it's about time," stated one of the Council of Six's younger members. "We have been waiting all day for you." Amy, and Dam entered the lounge where the Council of Six sat waiting.

Amy stepped into Dam's embrace for comfort. This wasn't turning out to be her day. Heaving a large sigh, Amy was hoping this wouldn't take long. Her energy was flowing away fast.

Dam stared down the young council member. He gave Amy a hug for support. He hadn't wanted to have Amy greet the Council of Six on her first day upon Valdiar. "No one asked you to meet our ship. No one told you to announce our arrival on the planet, today."

A hush fell over the room as the rest of Amy and Dam's small group entered. Amy looked over the six imposing people in the room. She felt as if she was standing in the teachers' lounge at school. "Greetings. I am Amy. It is my fault we are so late. I had an upset earlier today," she said.

He gave Amy another hug. Dam said in a stage whisper, "You don't need to explain anything to them." A small smile broke Amy's lips.

"Hum, Yes, well, some of us do have manners," said the oldest council member in the room. He gave the youngest a look. "Greetings, my name is Oskar Lamech. I'm the elder of the Council." He gave Amy a bow from the waist. His orange coat was turning gray with age. His hazel eyes filled with wisdom.

Amy gave him a curtsy. "I'm honored to meet you," said Amy. The tension was broken and introductions were made.

"Let's show you off to our small gathering. Then, we'll let you go home," Oskar said with a grin.

"Are you ready?" asked Dam.

"I am as ready as I will ever be. At least we're starting off small," said Amy grinning.

Nodding, Oskar walked to the balcony's door. "Give us a minute to calm the crowd and call them to attention." The council walked out the doors. The volume level of the crowd lowered and lowered until everything was quiet.

"Will I have to say anything?" Amy asked Dam. He shook his head and Oskar motioned for them to join him.

Hand in hand Amy and Dam walked out onto the balcony. Walking to the very edge, Dam raised his and Amy's embraced hands in the air. A loud roar filled the air. Dam looked at Amy and mouthed. "It will be all right."