Scene 083

Scene 083

"Santi, why did you call this conference?" asked a male Valdiarian. He was one of six Valdiarians displayed on Santi's viewer.

Santi looked down at her desk top. "Hum." She was trying to figure out where to start her report. "Do any of you know where the High Medic is at the present time?" Santi paused to watch the reactions of the Council of Six.

The group looked stunned. They wondered what the High Medic had to do with Dam's mate.

"Have you all read the reports filed with Commander Beauf about Dammarow Heir's mate?" asked Santi.

"Yes, I personally can't wait to meet Dammarow Heir's mate. Amy is her name, correct?" asked one of the female Valdiarian.

"Yes, her name is Amy. Now back to my first question, I was ordered to forward all my reports to Commander Beauf, whom I thought would then send them onto you. I had no ideal; Dammarow Heir had ordered all reports to stop there or with himself." Santi paused.

The Council of Six nodded their heads in understanding.

"About three days ago, the High Medic called here looking for information. When she received the information, she decided to join us here," said Santi.

Gasps and small mummers broke from the group on Santi's viewer.

"Knowing Tiarra, she was hoping to sway Amy to her way of thinking," said one of the council members. The mummers arose again.

Santi looked back down at her desk. She tried to hide her shock for the disrespect the Council of Six had for the High Medic Tiarra. "Not exactly," said Santi.

As one the group quieted and looked expectantly at Santi.

"She really came here to cause problems between Amy and Dammarow Heir. Tiarra thought herself to be the perfect mate for Dammarow Heir."

A grumble came from the group. The oldest of the six asked. "How did you prevent her from causing problems? I'm assuming this meeting is about the actions you had to take against the High Medic Tiarra."

"In a minute, I'll show you the footage of everything the High Medic did and the problems she caused from the time she boarded. I will tell you this, Dammarow Heir has placed her in an M-M field and has ordered mental help for her. If she can't be help, she is to be stripped of all her mental powers," said Santi.

Silence fell over the group. They couldn't take in what Santi was telling them. A sentence as harsh as this had never before been passed, even though they have had this ability for a long time.

"To answer your question council member, I didn't stop her. Amy was the one who stopped Tiarra. Cat, play the tape."

For the next hour gasps, mutters, and curses filled the room as the Council of six watched the video.

Santi kept her eye on the video and on the Mating Sphere off to her right. It was outside of the camera's view. Santi wanted to get this meeting over with as quickly as possible. She wanted to be gone from the room when Amy and Dam emerged from the sphere. A large gasp came from the group, Santi glanced at the tape. "Cat, I asked that you not include that part of the tape," Santi exclaimed as the tape rolled on showing Amy enclosing Dam and herself in the mating sphere. "Computer, end tape."

The room was quiet, then the oldest member of the council started to laugh. He was shortly joined by the rest of the group. "Medic Santi, it looks as if everything is under control. We will begin to prepare a place here for Tiarra. We agree. She needs help. We'll also start reviewing everyone she has ever had contact with so we can help anyone Tiarra has 'helped'." The group started to talk among themselves about whom would do what when the ship arrived.

"Excuse me. I would like to know what to do about Dammarow Heir and Amy?" Santi questioned. She was a little disturbed that no one has mentioned the mating sphere.

The oldest council member looked at Santi. "Why Medic Santi? There is nothing you can do. We will fake a public mating for the people. This is the way it has always been done. There has never been a real public mating. If you can send me a current picture of the sphere, I can tell you how much longer it will be until they come out."

"Computer, capture the Mating Sphere." A picture on the sphere appeared on another viewer. "Forward it to the Council of Six," said Santi.

"Hum, from the looks of this sphere, I say they'll be out just in time for landing." He nodded his head and Santi's viewer went blank.

"You where a lot of help," Santi mumbled to Cat.

"I am just doing my job. If Dam and Amy's mating had not accrued, the Council of Six would have wondered if the right mate had indeed been picked. Like the old medic said, 'there has never been a real public mating'."

Leaning back in her chair, Santi looked from the mating sphere to the medical bay where Tiarra was being held. "Hum. I hope Jac's meeting is going better."