Scene 060

Scene 060

"The more I learn about Valdiar and it's people. The more I want to know," said Amy to Lubin a few hours later as she walked into the living area. Sitting on the floor, she began to do the exercise routine Dam wanted her to do every day. "Have you ever been on Valdiar?"

A negative feeling came over Amy, as Lubin poked out his head and a grimace appeared on his face.

"Then we will both be learning about it together," Amy said, grabbing her toes with her hands. "These are not as easy as one would think." She grunted.

As she was finishing, a mental picture flashed in her head. Lubin wanted to know if Amy wanted to work on her mental exercises.

"I don't see why not, Dam hasn't called with any thing, so I'm ready if you are," said Amy. She leaned back against the couch, resting her head, and closing her eyes.

Lubin rolled until he bumped her head and suddenly they were back in the room with many doors. "Again you must choose and then I will explain the exercise." Came Lubin's purring voice.

"One question before I choose. When will I be able to talk you outside of the training area like this?" Amy asked, while looking for the whitest path in the room.

"That is up to you. It will mainly depend on how soon you can learn to open your mind, when you will it to." Lubin purred as he rolled up to Amy's leg. "Have you made your choice?"

"Yes." Amy started toward a doorway with large handles on its doors.

As she was putting her hand on the door, Lubin called. "Are you sure? This is the door? This is the door that is calling to you the loudest? Please check again before you open it."

Amy turned to look at the room again. The rest of the room looked to be in shadows compared to the light from the doorway where she stood. "Yes, I'm quite certain." Turning back to the door, she turned the handle.

"That figures, one of the hardest rooms here and she has to pick it." Lubin grumbled. He followed Amy into the room.

Stopping just inside the door Amy looked the room over. The room was completely empty except for a large cushion in the middle of the room. "I don't see anything. What do I do here?"

"First, you must go and sit on the cushion and make yourself comfortable," said Lubin. He rolled to the cushion.

Shrugging, Amy followed Lubin. "Then you must open your mental energies to the energies in this room. The rest will be explained to you then."

"Wait a minute. That's it. You're not going to tell me anything else?" Amy asked, following Lubin to the cushion. Looking down at Lubin, he had rolled himself into a ball at the edge of the cushion. Seeing she wasn't going to get any more help from him, she plopped down upon the cushion.

Amy crossed her legs and concentrated upon the room, nothing happened. Again she tried and again nothing happened. Letting out a large sigh and turning on the cushion, she tried again and as before nothing happened. "Now how do I do this? This is worse than those stupid paths. That's it, the paths."

Amy sat still and tried not to concentrate on anything and let her eyes go soft. A fuzzy image appeared. She let her mind go even softer but nothing happened. "Hum," She said. "Let me try this now." Bring her power of concentration in to play, the image popped into focus.

"Greetings," boomed a large voice from a statue of a Giant Cat. "There for a while I didn't know if you could do it."

"You're not Lubin. So, who are you?" asked Amy. She was still concentrating on keeping the giant cat in focus.

"I'm one of Dam's ancient ancestors. Here in this room you can contact just about any past, present, and/or future life force," The voice came again. "All it takes is practice, knowledge, and skill. It helps to know whom you want to talk with."

"Why am I talking to you? I don't know you," snapped Amy, her head was starting to ache as she fought to keep her barriers from snapping back into place.

"I chose to contact you," The voice stressed. "You interested me." The voice said with a smile.

"How will I know which door to choose? Not that it will do me any good, I can't get here without Lubin, anyway." Grumbled Amy rubbing her head as she broke into a sweat.

"You chose the room by thinking about it. As for needing Lubin's help to you get here, you don't."

"Hun?"

"You did it all on your own this time. Lubin just suggested that you need to train and you jumped here all by yourself. Lubin did not bring you here." The voice faded away as Amy's barriers slid into place.

Looking at Lubin, she asked. "Is this true?"

"Yes, you made the jump here all by yourself. I came along to explain how each exercise worked for you," said Lubin as he stretched and disappeared, leaving Amy in the room alone.

"Hey, come back here. How am I going to get back?" No sooner had she asked the question, and she found herself back in the cabin staring at the ceiling. Turning her head to look at Lubin, she said, "Beast."

He just gave a small laughing purr.