Chapter 1

*Author's note:- Hi guys... This is my first book and I hope that you will love it😘*

*The story starts with Ash winning the PWC finals after beating Leon*

Now Ash and Leon are face to face battling in the finals of the World Coronation Series. Both have brought them to their last Pokemons, i.e., Pikachu and Charizard. Also, they are in their G-Max forms on their last move.

"This would be their last showdown!!!", yelled the commentator. To this, the crowd roared in excitement.

"Now Pikachu! Time to use G-Max Volt Crash!", yelled Ash.

"So it's the best. Now let's have a Champion time! Use G-Max Wildfire!", yelled Leon.

"Pikachu!!", said Pikachu as he got on his hands and legs and released a bolt of lightning in the sky which got engulfed in the purple sky. Then from the sky, a very powerful lightning bolt struck Leon's Charizard.

On the other hand, Charizard's fiery wings glowed bright red and yellow and then got fired by him. Then the flames took the appearance of a bird and stroke Pikachu, making him engulfed in the flames. The bird-shaped flame then repeatedly swoop down and stroke Pikachu directly on his face but it was only for once. As soon as Pikachu got struck by the bird for the first time, Ash quickly responded, "Block it using your tail!"

Pikachu did as said and blocked the fiery bird for the next two turns successfully.

They both were standing in their G-max forms respectively with burnt and electrocuted marks on their body. But then for the audience, some unexpected thing happened. Leon's Charizard fall due to exhaustion and then its body started glowing and it shrank. In no time, Charizard was seen in his normal form lying on the ground with swirls in his eyes, fainted.

"With this Ash defeated the undefeated Champion, Leon!", shouted the commentator. The audience roared. Many of them hopped off from the audience box and were running towards Ash but were stopped by the guards.

This left Ash shocked. He actually won the match. He was now the world's most powerful trainer. These were swirling up in his head. Until then a voice came.

"Pikapi!!"

Pikachu came running from the battleground and embraced Ash in a hug. This confirmed to Ash that he actually won.

"We did it Pikachu!!!", he yelled with tears coming out from his eyes as he was tightly hugging Pikachu.

"Thanks, Charizard. It was really a good battle.", said Leon as he called his starter to his Pokeball. Then he headed towards Ash who was celebrating his victory with his best buddy.

"You did it, Ash! I knew it from the start that if anyone is going to beat me then it should be you."

Ash was happy to hear what Leon had to say. He thanked Leon and they shook hands.

From behind, a voice rang out. Goh was running towards Ash, shouting, "Ash! You did it!". Delia, Chloe, Professor Oak, and Professor Cerise were all behind him.

Leon said with a small laugh, "Maybe I should leave you.".

"Mum, profs, Goh, Chloe!! I did it!"

Then, before Goh could get to him, his mother rushed over and hugged him. Ash hugged her back while crying. They were tears of joy. And why should he don't cry? He achieved not for himself, but for his mother.

"I did it, Mom, I made it to the top."

"Yes, my son."

They both were crying.

Ash was then congratulated by all. A big celebration followed.

*Time skip brought to you to Kanto, the next day.*

From the Vermillion airport, all of them headed to the laboratory.

In a nervous tone, Ash said, "Professor, I want to talk to you about something.".

"Ya Ash.", said Professor.

Without hesitation, Ash stated, "Professor... I'd want to take some time away from my work as a research fellow! I know you picked me for the position because of my affinity with each Pokemon... But now I'd want to spend some time with my mother. I hadn't been able to spend time with my mother since I began my journey since I was so eager about my future experiences. The thrill of meeting a large number of Pokemon, making new friends, and competing in new leagues. However, after spending time with my mother yesterday, I realized my mistake....." 

Ash was moved to tears and was unable to continue. Ash was joined by his mother, who was clearly affected after hearing how much he had said. 

"That's why I want to spend time with my mom," Ash remarked, controlling his emotions.

All of the people who stood there were startled as what Ash told was not an everyday sight. For some time silence was spread in the laboratory but Professor Cerise broke it out and said, "Of course Ash, you can. It's all about your decisions. If you want to take a break from research then you can..."

"Thanks, professor, thanks a lot," Ash cried joyfully.

Goh was stunned as he stood at the corner, knowing that Ash would be leaving soon.

When Ash observed the expressions on Goh's face, he approached him. "I understand how you feel. It's never easy to say goodbye, especially to your dearest pals... I've done it a few times myself "Ash expressed himself in a sorrowful yet happy tone.

"Thanks, Ash, thanks for everything..." replied Goh, and they made a fist bump and then hugged like best friends.

After that, Ash, his mother, and Professor Oak went for Pallet Town...

AS THE JOURNEY CONTINUES...